NFL

JackFetch

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a lifelong Colts fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about this postseason. Before the season, I was very skeptical and really only expected a playoff berth and an early exit. Now, it looks like everybody's starting to get healthy at the right time, and the guys who got experience during the starters' injuries (Gonzalez, especially) stand to just explode when the big guns come back into the fight. The "can't win the big one" pressure is off, and nobody expects them to beat New England anyway... so they really don't have all that much to lose. They could be dangerous.

how can a team be that goo.they almost lost to phili but thats it and los boys they played horrible they have a great ofence and good d but back to the pats how can they be that good but win really close to the sorry teams.an miami won one :devil:

New England's ALWAYS played like that. Back when they were on their 21-win streak, they would demolish the really tough teams that were the cream of the NFL, and barely squeak by the Terre Haute Community College Fighting Insurance Salesmen. It's maddening. People say that they tend to play at the level of their opponents. I admit that it was less interesting when they were blowing everyone out 45-14, but it was also a LOT less stressful. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe how many people think that the Cowboys are going to lose this week. All of a sudden Eli is a better than above average qb because he's had 2 good games. Are people forgetting the Cowboys finished 13-3? They lost the last game of the season because they didn't care to win and played back ups. Good god, yes I'm a Cowboys fan, but even if I wasn't, I still couldn't get the idea of the Giants pulling this out.

I'll even bet my avatar on it.

The Cowboys weren't playing well when they were playing their starters. They've also had four weeks to stew in their utter mediocre play lately. (They almost lost to the PANTHERS, people.) It won't be easy, but I can totally see the Giants pulling this one off.

The Cowboys weren't playing well when they were playing their starters. They've also had four weeks to stew in their utter mediocre play lately. (They almost lost to the PANTHERS, people.) It won't be easy, but I can totally see the Giants pulling this one off.

The Patriots almost lost to the Ravens. What's your point?

Eli would have to have the game of his career to go into Dallas and beat the best team in the NFC. Looking at his stats this year, I don't see that happening.

The Patriots almost lost to the Ravens. What's your point?

Eli would have to have the game of his career to go into Dallas and beat the best team in the NFC. Looking at his stats this year, I don't see that happening.

Yeah, except that the Patriots didn't lose a game. The Cowboys have played like they don't have the slightest clue what they're doing for the last three weeks. And T.O. might not play. Also, let's not forget that Eli carved up the Cowboys secondary in Dallas this year. The guy plays exponentially better on the road than at home.

Aside from his last two performances, Eli's best game of the season came in week one on the road against Dallas. He threw for 312 yards, 4TDs and just one interception. Ultimately they lost the game, but it was a shootout and if TO isn't healthy (or, god forbid, not even in the lineup) it's very likely that the Giants could march into Dallas and tear it up. A lot of people are taking the Jints in this one for good reason. They've come on strong late, while the Cowboys have shown more than a few flaws and are very likely to be rusty.

I have to give the Giants their due; they've been playing really, really well. They've earned their spot in the postseason.

That said, there's no way Dallas doesn't win this one. It won't be a blowout, but it won't be an upset, either.

Well, that last throw was a kind of feast or famine situation for Romo. They were in range, they had no time left, it was fourth down and they had to have a touchdown. He forced it into double coverage and the Giants' secondary made the play. I can't blame Romo for that.

Incredible weekend of playoff football, even if some of the wrong teams won. ;)

Damn. Got to give thei Giants their due. While neither teams offense was lighting it up in the second half, the Giants defense did their job well. Oh well, hopefully next year the Cowboys will get done. Here's hoping for that sixth Superbowl some time soon.

Well, that last throw was a kind of feast or famine situation for Romo. They were in range, they had no time left, it was fourth down and they had to have a touchdown. He forced it into double coverage and the Giants' secondary made the play. I can't blame Romo for that.

Incredible weekend of playoff football, even if some of the wrong teams won. ;)

He gets paid 67 million dollars just for situations like that one. I can see it if it happens once, but this is two years in a row he cost his team a chance at the SuperBowl. He decided to throw it into double coverage. He forced the turnover. He's the one that choked. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be wanting his head on a platter.

Seriously, FUCK Bob Ryan. He pretty much sums up everything I hate about Boston fans, and the worse part is he's suppose to be a professional journalist.

What'd he do now?

Basically he said that after the games this weekend we can be sure of two things, Peyton Manning is nothing more than an average at best quarterback, that's right he said average at best, and secondly that there is nothing special about Romo who isn't that good. That is ridiculous considering the year those two had and are arguably the next best qb's in the league after Brady. Then he goes on to say he is sick and tired of all the attention Favre is getting and it's horrible how much people talk about his season this year, which in Ryan's opinion hasn't been spectacular. That from a guy who never misses an oppurtunity to verbally suck off Brady's cock is just ludicrous. I wouldn't mind those three comments so much coming from a fan, but to come from a professional writer is just horrible.