Favorite / Best: Richard Donner

Missy

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once again, it's time to pick your favorite and then the best film by a director of my choosing. For this poll I've decided to go with Richard Donner. Unfortunately I had to leave off three of his films: Assassins, Conspiracy Theory and Timeline. Sorry if any of those are your favorites.

Superman II isn't on here because he didn't finish the job.

Favorite: Goonies

Best: Superman

Giving him powers as a baby, and having Pa Kent die.

You seem to be forgetting that the movie was released in 1978, pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths. During the Golden and Silver Age, baby Clark did have powers and both of the elder Kents died before Clark moved to the city.

I can't really make a choice here. Richard Donner is an excellent director, but each film are in different genres(except the Lethal Weapon films).

Lethal Weapon is my favorite out of the four films.

Superman is one of my favorite comic book based films(if not THE BEST)

The Omen is almost side by side with The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby when it comes to "Devil Movies"

Radio Flyer is an ok drama, but really only for adolescents and adults.

The Goonies is a classic, I have heard he was particularly hard to work with on this film, but I guess all directors have that one film where there not themselves.

Scrooged is a favorite of mine, I've seen it more than The Toy, so I have to go with that.

It is nice to see Jackie Gleason out of his "Ralph Krandem" persona and playing another character in The Toy.

I didn't care too much for 16 Blocks, a good time passer, but that's it.

I haven't seen Maverick, so no opinion on that.

You apologized for not including Conspiracy Theory, which is ok, but it is another one of my favorite Donner/Gibson collaborations, not to mention Julia Roberts is in top performance form in this.

Another film yoy didn't mention is Assassins which was a good film, but it was one of Stallone's and Banderas' weakest films.

Sorry, I'm a movie geek

Lastly Tales From the Crypt TV Series, he directed a few episodes and was a Producer on the show.

I actually really like Assassins, also helped launch Julianne Moore's career.

I actually saw Assassins in the theaters and liked it the first time I watched it, but whenever it has come on cable or TV and I attempt to watch it, I can't, it's weird. Julianne Moore was really good in this, forgot to mention that, but she was in Tales From the Darkside: The Movie and The Hand That Rocks the Cradle before she did this and was decent in them.