Spending money

JackFetch

Money Money Yeah Yeah  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So Bush is supposed to announce a rebate today to help stimulate the economy. It could be anywhere from 500 to 800 dollars per individual, and up to 1600 dollars per family. My question is, are you going to blow it on something(which is what it's intended for), pay bills, give it to charity, or are you going to save it?

Sorry to those not living in the US that won't be getting the free money.

btw, I'm considering a PS3.

Actually I have 3 weeks of overtime to blow this weekend and theres a comic shop in Bristol that a buddy just told me about last night. I figure a couple of Sandman trades and maybe a special treat (lots of old special editions there) plus a DVD boxed set of Frasier or something.

First I'm hearing of this. This is about the way I expected the Bush regime to go out, though... kiss the public's ass with free money, then let the next administration catch the flack for making budget cuts to accommodate for it.

Personally, I've been hoping to travel abroad in 2008 so I'm hoping that's what this money will go toward. That'll cover about a third to a half of a travel package to Japan...

and I do love the idea of spending money that's intended to stimulate the economy to leave the country. :smile:

God, I hope I get some of this. I had to put my $1,489 in tuition on my Best Buy MasterCard because I didn't get financial aid in time and they don't accept Visa cards. (I have NEVER seen a website that doesn't accept Visa cards for payments, but does accept MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.) Then there's the $750 on my other Best Buy card for my XBox and Rock Band, and the $1,100 on my Bank of America card from my car repairs and car tag...

If the trip is a bust, this money will be used to finally buy myself a new computer.

Any word on when / if these rebates will be doled out?

They are trying to rush it through to get them out as soon as possible. I don't remember how fast they came out last time though. I imagine they should start going out within a week of the bill getting signed. They haven't agreed on an amount yet.

If the trip is a bust, this money will be used to finally buy myself a new computer.

Any word on when / if these rebates will be doled out?

They are trying to rush it through to get them out as soon as possible. I don't remember how fast they came out last time though. I imagine they should start going out within a week of the bill getting signed. They haven't agreed on an amount yet.

Our dumbass government "subsidizes" daycare at 100$ a month (which doesn't nearly cover it) for each child. So we've put an account aside to save up for a trip to Disneyland.

• 3 weeks later...
I hate every person I see trying to get me to sign petitions to make daycare government run. Like it's my job to pay for your kid. Damn commies...

Think about how good the world would be if everybody had free universal childcare. I wouldn't trust my government to run it let alone yours though. That's the problem.

By the way, this isn't free money. It's a early payment on next year's tax return. they are actually screwing you.