Netflix

JackFetch

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with Netflix having a rolling archive, if you don't watch a film on there during the time they've licenced it for you're probably not going to. It frees up capital to invest in other titles.

Fringe is one of those shows that's good and watchable but really starts juddering a bit later on as they dive headlong into big plots. Basically your standard JJ Abrams show.

I love the visual style of it. I love shows that are smartly written that throw ideas out like mad, even if they're just in a bit of exposition, like when the Homeland Security guy tries to recruit her at the end. Mainly I love the relationship between Paycee and Dr. Frankenstein.

UK Netflix now includes four Dalek stories from Davros' second story onward instead if all the Troughton and Hartnell stuff plus the Movie. To be honest I'd have preferred more of a progression through the years but there's a couple of stories I haven't seen so whatever. They also got the movie. However best of all- Quantum Leap. They got friggin Quantum Leap! Score!

Also, War of the Worlds, Red Tails and Xena. Meh.

edit- actually the list is all muddled up, they've added the following stories (in this order)-

Resurrection of the Daleks

Revelation of the Daleks

Remembrance of the Daleks

Genesis of the Daleks.

For some reason Resurrection is listed as Season 21 and Genesis as 26. But yeah, GENESIS OF THE DALEKS!

UK Netflix just added the first 3 seasons of Buffy, a shit-ton more Disney (Muppet Christmas Carol) and the Silver Surfer cartoon. Every few weeks we get an awesome haul of new shit, I love this service.

Lovefilm in the UK has the entire run of Buffy on streaming, and it has been available for months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...