The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

AND I'M TRYING TO LEAVE BECAUSE I REFUSE TO WORK WITH THIS GUY AND WILL QUIT IF I AM MADE TO, AND I TEXTED MY HUSBAND, AND GUESS WHAT HE'S DOING ON HIS DAY OFF?

HE'S OUT AND ABOUT WITH THE GIRL FROM WORK I THINK HE'S FUCKING. WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. ALL "I can get you but I'm out with Amy. Amy's with me."

FUCK TODAY.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1) Is this guy's name Ryan McCool? That's kinda crazy.

2) Cool down. Yes, this guy sounds like a douche but you shoudn't get worked up over such a douche. Just smile because you're the better person.

3) It's understandable to lock up the lab since it's unattended and your shift is over and you have other places you need to be. However, I will admit the note may be a little much.

4) File a complaint against the guy with the higher-ups since this seems like habitual abandonment of his duties. Heh, duty.

5) Caps lock is a good emphasis tool but should be used in moderation.

6) Don't jump to conclusions.

4) File a complaint against the guy with the higher-ups since this seems like habitual abandonment of his duties. Heh, duty.

My higher-up is Mike. And he's done what he can, which is minimal. I think he could be making more noise about him, but that's just my opinion. What do I know?

Beyond that, there's very little anyone can do about student workers. Unless he just no call/no showed for a few days, he's fine. He called in. That's all that matters.

It's a lost cause. And this is his last semester if he graduates, so he won't be back. But those are three weeks I just don't want to fucking deal with.

I am so OVER being spread so thin that shit like this makes me fly off the handles.

Due to always being late and missing a lot of time, I tried to fire this guy last semester, but I was told I couldn't. He screws up and does nothing all of the time, I've warned him (multiple times), written him up, warned him again (multiple times), yet I can't fire him because the school is too afraid of reprisals. :no:

And because there are only three weeks left in the semester, if I recommended termination once more, it would be shot down.

It's weird; I can hire whomever I want, but I can't fire them when they constantly mess up.

And what Niki said about his excuses is spot on. They're the most convoluted, obvious lies.

Considering that everything I do will yield nada upon graduation, grad school fucking sucks, and right now is not worth the time or effort I put into it.

Also, I am very, very tired of devoting so much of my time to other people's writing--writing that, clearly, had not had nearly as much time put into it during its creation.

I have $9.62 until Friday.

It maybe too little too late but I donated ten dollars to the site. That should at least get you a sandwich tomorrow.

Considering that everything I do will yield nada upon graduation, grad school fucking sucks, and right now is not worth the time or effort I put into it.

Also, I am very, very tired of devoting so much of my time to other people's writing--writing that, clearly, had not had nearly as much time put into it during its creation.

I know the feeling. Still, grad school is, more than anything, about making connections. If you make a good impression upon someone, they will remember you and treat you well as a result. Are you taking courses over the summer? If not, you deserve a rest.

I am. Just one. Won a scholarship earlier this month (or was it late last month), and the fine people who gave it to me are allowing me to use it for the summer. It's only enough to take one three credit hour course...but that's still a lot.

I'm making connections. I'm networking. But it's like...I don't know.

I am. Just one. Won a scholarship earlier this month (or was it late last month), and the fine people who gave it to me are allowing me to use it for the summer. It's only enough to take one three credit hour course...but that's still a lot.

I'm making connections. I'm networking. But it's like...I don't know.

Well, even only one course should be light enough that you don't go mad from exhaustion. Still, at the end of it all, there will still be a sense of accomplishment and yeah, I'm not a good advice giver but still, the rough times make you appreciate the good times even more. That's what my mom always told me.

Summary of Off Campus Housing Information Session: Fuck you. You are going off campus, even if you are a senior, you do not deserve housing, and we will do nothing whatsoever to help you in your endeavor to ensure that you actually have housing when you return from being abroad. Good night, and don't forget to bend over on your way out to get raped.

Basically, summer can't come soon enough.

I'm so sick of the shit that I'm having to put up with, that has fuck all to do with my role in the situations with other people fucking about, that I'm just going to e-mail my work in to the lecturer and take the day off.

Seriously, fuck working with people, and fuck my home life. They both are a big fucking joke.

I sent my classmates/groupmembers a text saying I won't be in, but I've e-mailed my essay to lecturer and that should be fine. One says ok, the other asks why I won't be in, I say I'm stressed over all this video business. She replies you're not the only one, and says she'll work with the others on stuff.

Ten minutes ago, I get a message from someone in the group saying the day was a waste of time.

So, they did fuck all in my absence.

We have six weeks of the course left, and have to produce a fucking full video, from script/film/edit stage and the person who was left in charge has done none of it yet. I thought she knew what she was doing from the start, in November. It's now fucking May, the script isn't done, and she's shot fuck all, but she has done fucking prep work, by getting actors interviewed over and fucking over again.

A few months ago, I said I would take a stab at the script for her, tighten it and finish it out so it's done. Not saying I can write well, but I can type fast, and in one night, I was at the halfway point of the script and sent it to her. She said I "ruined" her script, and I changed everything and turned it into my own thing, which might be true, but I was following her concept, and was keeping her name on it, meaning I would not take any credit, I just did to get something done. She scrapped my version and carried on with no full script. There is still no script from her, and I was able to create the only thing we actually have right now, which is a two minute sequence.

Last week, instead of finishing the script, she started to interview even more actors for a two second role she says "Is crucial" bullshit, get it done.

Now by the looks of things, I'm going to have to fix this fucking mess myself, seeing as no one else has bothered their arse, or are too busy fucking around.

Fucking six weeks to fix a mess that they spent 7 months fucking up. Oh, and if I fail this class, I won't get into my Uni course, which I need to also get an A in my project to get on the course I want to, on top of all this bullshit. So things are going fucking swimmingly.

Fuck!

gnuerwai9h'uwaerghr'wua9g'piafthewahg'a0gh'a parking lot security gate won't open my car is a hostage I was ten minutes late and the menopausal cunt in charge of me saw it and now it's like, "Jesus, the universe wants me to lose my fucking job because of Thursday shit!" hneg4iw;9ghuwa'ghrwuFghwerajfg0kae!!!