The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

So I am at work this morning and it is surprisingly slow. A woman is looking at the movies and asks if I have any Elmo DVDs. I show her the four that I have, but she wants the Christmas Elmo DVD. I say that I cannot remember having that one and to check the holiday section just in case. She is aghast that I dare not have it.

Fast forward twenty minutes later, she finds it in a dump bin. She then asks how long I have been working at the store. I question the relevance of the question and I get the following quote.

"You should know your products better. If I worked here I would take a little more pride in my work. I would know where things are and how much they cost. I would know how they work and if they are any good. If you cannot do that, you shouldn't work in this department."

Then she walks off. Then she checks out. Then she speaks to my manager. Which to his credit, he tell her that I know more than most at the store and he does not see an issue with me not knowing where one DVD is. She then vowed to never shop here again.

These holiday shoppers are getting to be too much.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, shit. North Korea fired on South Korea. South Korea fired back. Potential for war depending on how situation unfolds only 200 km across a strait of water, and one of the countries has fired on Japan.

Time to start looking at the evacuation clause in my insurance...

Well shit. Slightly terrified of this. Stay safe Hannah.

Fuck you Obama.

I'm a member of the military, and have made peace with the fact that I'll never make the kind of money I used to make before. You don't join the military to make money, that fact is well known, but what Obama is doing now is too much. For those that don't know a presidential council, with backing by Obama, have found a way to help America's deficiet, they're proposing freezing all military pay for the next 3 years, increasing the prices of the food and groceries at the base stores, increasing the payments for our medical, increasing the age you need to be to get retirement benefits, and lowering retirement benefits.

I was pissed earlier this year when congress decided to cut our raise from 7% to 5%, but now, this is to much. If you took my monthly paycheck, and put it in 40 hour work weeks, which obviously I work much more than that, right now I'm making $7.00 an hour. Military members live below the poverty level, and our elected officials want to hurt us more

When I lived in Banff, the fact that there was snow everywhere made it magical and like a Christmas card. That amount of snow has absolutely no place in Britain, as it's knocked out the phone line to my house, given me a cold and soaked through most all of my footwear. I am currently in the university library in green wellies. I'm not happy.

So, I'm staying with parentals for a couple of weeks in Montana. They live up in the mountains so it's crappy roads, no cell service, and crappy weather since there's on average like a foot of snow up there. My mom and I are driving home in the truck Tuesday night, we slide and end up in a ditch. If not for these little trees in there, we would have tipped over. As is, the truck was on its side so me and my mom had to crawl out and walk a mile on a dark road in freezing weather to the nearest house to call my dad. So, I could have died this trip. Fun times.