The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the guys on the Ai-Kon committee is about to pass on. He suffered a double brain aneurysm last week. He was supposedly doing pretty well, but he took a turn for the worse, and now he's on life support and the family been called to give their last goodbyes.

He has a wife, he has a son. He was a great friend to all of us. Forget the fact that he was an amazing contributor to the convention, I'm going to miss the guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is too much to ask? IS IT TOO FRAKKING MUCH TO ASK to be left alone for at least 30 minutes so I can watch the finale for Battlestar Galactica. I DON'T CARE about this dumb little thing you've heard on facebook. I DON'T CARE THAT THERE ARE TWO PIECES OF BACON left from supper. I just want to be able to absorb myself into the drama for a bit, just to be able to pay attention to what's going on. Don't act like my show is stupid, you watch this Grey's Anatomy bullcrap or even this other steaming pile of you-know-what called Mercy Don't act like you're feeling rejected. You get SO MUCH attention ALL THE TIME, I don't know WHY IN THE WORLD you have to keep coming in over and over and over for no apparent purpose than to piss me off!

And I be polite, you want to take the TV from me, fine. I'll just walk off and post a big rant on a forum where nobody probably really cares about being able to watch freaking Battlestar Galactica. I'm getting mad over a TV show! What is wrong with me!

Jump into the way back machine shall we. It is late April. My friend is getting married and it is decided that we are going to a game at Wrigley for the bachelor party. The best man asks me to help out and get the tickets and everyone pays me back. EVERYONE agrees to this.

It is now May 28th. Two days before we leave. One guy, who has yet to pay, pulls out because he cannot get off of work. He says he will still pay.

It is the summer. We are all playing softball. I remind him every time that he owes me money. He always forgets. I get pissed.

It is fall. He falls of the face of the earth.

It is today. The friend who got married says that he is going snowboarding with some people, including the non-paying douche. I text my friend to remind the douche once again and the douche shrugged and changed the subject.

--

Now, I feel I have been more than understanding. It is eight months later and I am still out the money. More to the point, he seems to think it is no big deal. I owe someone money, I go out of my way to get it to them as soon as possible. Yet, he can afford to go snowboarding, which cost more than he owes me. By double.

I know where the bastard works, but I have not gone in and talk to him. I find that to be rude and not the place for such a conversation. However, at this point, I am beginning to think that is my only option. I don't know where he lives and I do not know is phone number.

Yeah, this is money for a baseball ticket, but that money can pay my car insurance or cell phone for a month.

Great, I've got a massively unpleasant stomach bug that I don't want to risk spreading so Christmas is cancelled for me. I've been up half the night with this, at one point I was so disorientated I collapsed and thwacked my head on the sink, so I've got that going for me as well.

Feeling better now, but there's just no way I could risk all the driving I'd need to do to get around.

Fuck this.

So, classes start next week so we're busy at the bookstore as always. With this knowledge, you'd think my fucking managers would realize that of course lazy idiots would decide to wait to order their books now. So, I'm stuck here until 10 tonight and have to be in at 7 tomorrow. Adding to this that I still have a New Year's Party to cook and shop for. This is all fucking annoying and if I don't get drunk tomorrow, I will be shocked.

Adding to my frustration, my best friend's parents are emotionally blackmailing him to stay home tomorrow with them so yeah...

I think I may make a "I've had a fucking awful year vent tomorrow" so that'll be nice.

And my final vent of 2010:

Fuck 2010 was a bit shit and nothing special for me. But I can either spend the start of 2011 bitching and moaning about it all, or I can just leave it all in the past.

I think I'll just say fuck it all, and end all my 2010 bitching there and hope for a more enjoyable 2011.

I think I may make a "I've had a fucking awful year vent tomorrow" so that'll be nice.

And my final vent of 2010:

Fuck 2010 was a bit shit and nothing special for me. But I can either spend the start of 2011 bitching and moaning about it all, or I can just leave it all in the past.

I think I'll just say fuck it all, and end all my 2010 bitching there and hope for a more enjoyable 2011.

That's a good philosophy and a great way to start off the new year.

I was working today, this woman has me send a Moneygram thing. While I'm doing it, this bint is clipping her fucking fingernails at my service desk. They're just flying the fucknuts everywhere. She's not picking them up, just sending them everywhere. And as I'm bending down to write on her form... One of them hits me in the fucking face. The fact that the store isn't a pile of rubble is a testament to my sheer Green Lantern-esque will-power.