The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Image0049.jpg

Image0050.jpg

"no, you fucking idiot, I said IN the skip"

The job we were doing today was a pretty basic concreting deal, but our concrete delivery driver decided he was going to be as sullen and unhelpful as possible, arriving over an hour late, fighting us on everything we wanted to do on the job and then, while we weren't looking, he decided to pour a massive amount of our excess concrete onto the ground, knowing full well we'd have to shovel it into the skip because otherwise it would set there (and it was already setting fast). When we ran out shouting he said "well you wouldn't see me back to the skip", which was probably because he didn't fucking ASK us to. I must also point out that throughout the job he refused to use the chute extension because he didn't want to get it dirty. If he'd used it all the concrete would have been dead centre in the skip.

So I swore at him, called his office and complained, called my boss who called the head of his company in London. The subcontracting company the guy was working for get three strikes a year on this sort of thing, and this is now their first, two more and they lose their contract. So I basically got him and the company he works for in a shitload of trouble.

I let my buddy finish surfacing the stuff inside while I shovelled all the excess into the skip, which means I probably shovelled around 3/4-1m3 of concrete today. That's around two tons. And I had to do it twice in order to even the load in the skip so it wasn't all at one end. All because of some dipshit. If I ever see that guy again I'm absolutely going to fucking lamp him, today was no fun at all.

Apart from the satisfaction of putting that guy directly in the shit.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That blows Tom. This is why I have nothing but respect for people who work construction and contracting. I could never do that stuff. Seriously, hope that guy gets chewed out. Seriously, he didn't want to get it dirty. That's like saying let's eat dinner from the pan with our hands since I don't want to get the dishes dirty.

Apologies to you guys in the chatroom last night. I was a bit rude and superior.

However I still don't like Emma Frost, any character that dresses like that and uses sex as a weapon holds no interest to me and I have no need to read comic books involving that. My opinion may change as I read Ultimate X-Men, or even when I watch First Class.

The entire point of Emma Frost is that she's a manipulative temptress. Even when she's on the side of angels, she uses her psychic powers and sex appeal to get what she wants from both men and women.

Once you get to know the character (at least, in the comics), you see that there's so much more to her than sex and the outfit. She honestly loves Scott Summers and wants to see the mutant race survive. She's smart, savvy, and has a sardonic wit. Has she done bad things? Yes, often. But she's not truly evil, or even a one-dimensional character.

So don't let the outfit fool you; she's a fully developed (no pun intended) character.

• 3 weeks later...

Fucking Facebookraping fake apps, I got sent one and twigged it very shortly into it, but it send out 23 message to other people in my name advertising it. If you got hit with it, I'm sorry. I had to go profile to profile on every single message to remove it because it wouldn't let me do so on the main page. Also marked it all up as spam.

Fucking dipshits who come up with this stuff, I just want to kill them.

Fucking Facebookraping fake apps, I got sent one and twigged it very shortly into it, but it send out 23 message to other people in my name advertising it. If you got hit with it, I'm sorry. I had to go profile to profile on every single message to remove it because it wouldn't let me do so on the main page. Also marked it all up as spam.

So that message you sent me saying we will be BFF's forever-est wasn't really you? :cry:

So that message you sent me saying we will be BFF's forever-est wasn't really you? :cry:

No it was, but I was drunk and I thought you were someone else.

I have panic attacks, and can't sleep. I go to the doctor, and he prescribes something to help when I feel a panic attack coming on, and help me sleep. It makes me have anxiety attacks, and my sleeping pattern worsens.

I go back the other day, get new thing to help calm me down, and help me sleep, been taking them for a few days and....

It is 4:52AM and I am wide awake once again. Fuck.