The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worse part about the whole thing is that I just got my promotion the beginning of this year. I really don't feel like starting from scratch all over again elsewhere. It might be possible to transfer to one of the remaining stores, but who knows what kind of environment I'd find myself in.

Looks like I have until mid-April. My GM has already told me that he has me on speed-dial for when he finds something else.

It wasn't the highest paying or most glamorous job in the world, but fuck, I was living comfortably for the first time in years, only for this to happen.

I'm already practicing my "Welcome to Walmart".

What Preston said. Sorry to hear about your job Dubs. As a fellow bookslave, it's tough knowing we're living in a world where the bookstore is a dying beast. I think the only reason Barnes & Noble isn't in the same boat is that they have the College Bookstore racket going (yes, I work at a Barnes & Noble college store and even I recognize it as something of a racket) as well as the nook. It's the sad state of the industry and I doubt it's going to get any better. If you can get transferred to another store, do it Dubs or if it's getting a job at Wal-Mart, do it. All stores need people willing to work third shift and weird hours to work the warehouse or anything like that. Plus your GM knows you so you're sure to be able to at least get a good recommendation to wherever you apply.

So, this was fun:

I just got a nice two sentence e-mail from a lecturer telling me I am no longer apart of his class. That was a nice addition to the shitty couple of months I've been having.

Adding to this once again, that my head is spinning a little, and I have taken some sleeping pills, that seem to have had no real effect. Life is just fucking awesome some times.

What Dubs said. That and nearly everyone who ODs on sleeping pills did it because "the lasy dose did nothing."

Yeah, I'm going to make another doctors appointment about the issues with the sleeping pills. That should be fun. Anxiety pills did nothing, sleeping pills did nothing. So what happens next should be interesting.