The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're using the "not eligible" line as their out.

They're saying that all "eligible" employees are going to get severance, which is code for "guys in suits that have never worked at the store level".

If you've got it in writing somewhere that you were promised severance, I think you may be able to sue for severance (from a basic Google search, please take this with a monumental grain of salt).

Also, fuck Corporate.

Also: what incentive does that give anyone to even show up and not run off with store stock and/or riot?

I never got it in writing. I was told by my GM, who was promised the same thing at the time. He's not eligible either.

People are going to continue to show up for the same reason I am: it's a paycheck for the next few weeks.

You know what, people can go fuck themselves. You egotistical, arrogant, self righteous prick.

So, you come round today, with your two kids, and I give your oldest his birthday present. A videogame. He takes it, says he loves it, and I ask him to remember to take it home with him. You ask me what I got your son, I tell you the game, and you nod, and leave my room.

I leave to go meet friends, and I come home just an hour ago to find the god damn fucking game in the kitchen on the table. I don't blame my nephew, he's seven.

You know what, you fucking prick, don't call me out of the fucking blue, and say "You should come round..." as I know your lying, and rather than call you out for the complete sack of shit that you are, I say "Sure...at some point" so we both walk away without feeling like we let the other person down. But you, you had to fucking push it and say "The kids want to see you..." Go fuck yourself. If you ever wanted me to come round, you would have in the past two fucking years. But you haven't, your girlfriend has asked me to come round, and I always politely decline, as I know you wouldn't be happy about it. Cause let's face it. You're my brother, and if you wanted me to come round, you would have fucking called/texted and asked me to before now.

And don't fucking pull this shite at 11 O'clock on Friday night and try to start an argument with me about "Not coming round" and making ME out to be the bad guy.

Today, you come round and you say two words to me "Alright Austen, how's it going? What did you get *Nephew*?" Before fucking off to go see my mum, not saying another word to me. You complete and utter cunt. I do not care if you are my older brother, that gives you no fucking right to try and play the caring older brother when you fucking feel like it, and a complete prick, who wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire the next.

Sorry about going off like that. I had to get that off my chest.

So, this guy I used to work with approached me like three years ago because he wanted to experiment. I told him I wasn't interested in casual sex (a stance I have kept with after a scare a few years back). He would ask me again every few months after that until about a year ago I was drunk and said sure. Since then I've mainly made up excuses about being busy, etc until today I'm trying to work on homework and he's messaging me on Facebook. I tell him I'm busy for the foreseeable future and he asks me to be honest. I tell him I'm tired of him annoying me what feels like constantly. He retorts that It's only every month. I tell him I'm busy and sign off Facebook. It's all rather annoying and I'm wondering if I'm stupid for passing up free sex. For that matter, what guy spends three years questioning his sexuality.

Everywhere I turn I feel like I keep hearing the same message: Teenagers are reckless. Teenagers make bad decisions. Teenagers hate their parents. Teenagers drink, do drugs, and have sex.

What the hell am I doing wrong here? I've been a teenager for quite a few years now and I'm really not feeling like I can relate to any of the "typical teenage life" crap that comes out of the media. I don't drink or do pot or any shit like that and I really do enjoy spending time with my family. None of my friends have EVER touched alcohol or drugs and yet everywhere else I look people are acting like everyone does that kind of thing and it's totally normal.

In my creative writing class the other day we were reading one of the short stories from James Franco's book (we probably only read it because he grew up here and is now writing stories about our town). The story we read was about a few teenage boys who got drunk and high all the time and oh, woe is them because they live in Palo Alto and doesn't that suck because god, it's so boring to live in a university town where the public schools are actually amazing and everyone's rich and can afford to live comfortably even through the recession. But after we read the story and we were discussing it, people were talking about how realistic it was, and how apparently it's inevitable that teenagers living in Palo Alto in particular will of course be drinking and getting high all the time because there's nothing to fucking do in this town.

First of all, nothing's inevitable, so screw you. I have had plenty of good, SOBER fun with my friends watching movies and playing Monopoly and Pictionary online and none of us have ever found it necessary to supplement our fun with alcohol or drugs. Second of all, don't complain about how life sucks when you live in Palo Alto. There are reasons people pay millions of dollars to live here. Did you fucking notice when the recession hit? Of course you didn't. Why would you? It's not like anyone here was affected by it, not significantly, anyway. Get some perspective, please. If that doesn't interest you, feel free to leave. Someone else who actually enjoys living here can take your place.

So in conclusion: I'm apparently not a normal teenager, James Franco's book sucks, and I am now starting to dislike almost everyone in my creative writing class/my entire grade.

It's all rather annoying and I'm wondering if I'm stupid for passing up free sex.

Nah man, stick to your guns. I think you really should tell him outright that there's no way it's happening and that he needs to look elsewhere if he wants to experiment like that. Three years is a long fucking time to pursue someone for one experimental night anyway, I mean you'd think he'd get the hint after being rejected the first few times.

For that matter, what guy spends three years questioning his sexuality.

Well, that's a bit unfair. There are people who've spent decades questioning their sexuality. There's just better ways to go about it.

Everywhere I turn I feel like I keep hearing the same message: Teenagers are reckless. Teenagers make bad decisions. Teenagers hate their parents. Teenagers drink, do drugs, and have sex.

It turns out it's much easier to make broad generalisations about people than to look at them individually. It's just something you'll have to get used to, sadly.

I was also a teenager who never got into drinking, drugs, or anything else like that. It kind of sucked, then, when people made negative generalizations about teens and their bad habits. But instead of being offended, I just did what I could to prove those people wrong. I did everything I could to show a positive example for teenagers. And most of those people actually came around in the end, and stopped making rash generalizations.

Of course, now I have to deal with the "college student" stereotypes...

So. Tomorrow I give a speech at our department colloqium that pretty much justifies the project I've been hammering out for the last year or so and my entire academic existence. This is slightly worrying, because A) half the people in my class hated my poster and B) my prof was worrying that I didn't have enough anthrpological theory behind it, so now I'm worried that I'm going to make a fool of myself in front of the entire fucking department.

Excuse me, I'll be over here rehearsing/panicking/drinking for the next twenty-fourish hours.

Sorry to hear Doug, that sucks. As a kid from a split home and having friends with kids who have recently split, my only piece of advise is this. Parents are human too, they make mistakes like everyone else, it's nothing personal and there is definitely nothing you could have done wrong. Don't blame yourself for even a millisecond.

So. Tomorrow I give a speech at our department colloqium that pretty much justifies the project I've been hammering out for the last year or so and my entire academic existence. This is slightly worrying, because A) half the people in my class hated my poster and B) my prof was worrying that I didn't have enough anthrpological theory behind it, so now I'm worried that I'm going to make a fool of myself in front of the entire fucking department.

Excuse me, I'll be over here rehearsing/panicking/drinking for the next twenty-fourish hours.

Welp, that's done. And any issues with the presentation mainly seemed to be in validity confounds, which is stuff I can acknowledge and work around in the final grant proposal. So I seem to have not fucked up too badly.

Though at least I got a big ass laugh from the audience when I noticed that the clicker wasn't working and interrupted my sentence with "crap". :P

Let's go through my day.

1) Went to work, had to stay an extra hour because the liquidation guy hadn't filled his quota of shit to get rid of. Wouldn't have been such a huge deal if I hadn't fucked up my back two days ago, making me walk like I'm 80.

2) Had to take my cat to the sitter for the trip. She's terrified of cars and I had to hear her whimper the entire time, which fucking kills me.

3) Got a phone call from a job prospect basically saying that they were impressed by my interview, but weren't interested... cause that makes sense.

4) My fancy new computer died. I'm now typing this from my old one, which I'm not sure I'll be able to record on, and also has a habit of randomly deleting shit from the hard drive.

5) It's not Thursday yet.

Let's go through my day.

1) Went to work, had to stay an extra hour because the liquidation guy hadn't filled his quota of shit to get rid of. Wouldn't have been such a huge deal if I hadn't fucked up my back two days ago, making me walk like I'm 80.

2) Had to take my cat to the sitter for the trip. She's terrified of cars and I had to hear her whimper the entire time, which fucking kills me.

3) Got a phone call from a job prospect basically saying that they were impressed by my interview, but weren't interested... cause that makes sense.

4) My fancy new computer died. I'm now typing this from my old one, which I'm not sure I'll be able to record on, and also has a habit of randomly deleting shit from the hard drive.

5) It's not Thursday yet.

Fuck. Sorry to hear Dubs. Is the new one still under warranty or the store's protection plan?