The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The sad part is I've gotten desensitized to this fucked up shit. It feels like every parent with a child who starts to act bad in my store threatens to smack them when they get back to the car and, it's gotten to the point where I ignore it because last time I gave the parent a mean look, I was the one that got in trouble. I feel bad but there's nothing I can do and just because my parents were just drunks and never hit me or my sister (stupid god-forsaken former step-dad does not count) doesn't mean everyone's parenting is the same. That said, yeah Preston, I think you're justified in your hatred and contempt of this useless twat.

I just found an excellent way to get me to spend my work day drinking coffee and skimming through Wikipedia.

"Hey! Toland! I realize I'm your co-worker, and not your boss, but you need to do my XYZ report! It has to be done in two hours! Get cracking on it! Now repeat what I just said back to me, so I can be confident you understand everything I just said!"

Oh, wait, what? It didn't get done? Oh, dear.

• 2 weeks later...

So... I had two interviews today. Sorta.

First interview, I walk in the door, my phone rings. It's the manager of the establishment, calling me to reschedule our interview, since he wasn't able to make it in that day for some reason. That's all well and good except for the fact that he's calling me ten minutes before our scheduled interview and from where I'm standing, I can literally see him in the store on the phone saying this to me. I declined.

Second interview went fairly well. We had a nice 45 minute dialogue on my career goals, relevant experience, and the history of the organization. As I'm shaking his hand to leave, he informs me that "oh, by the way, this wasn't an interview for the position you applied for. In fact, we don't even have any openings right now. I'll let you know if anything comes up and THEN you can interview for THAT position."

1301063364.png

Between this and the nightmare editing job I did on the Tirades yesterday, I'm in quite a mood. If anyone needs me, I'll be the guy outside chucking buses at the sky.

Good lord; there’s so much shit to keep track of right now. Between working full time, attending university part time, packing up the house so that we can replace all the carpet and lino, and maintaining a halfway decent exercise schedule (still got a few kilos to lose after all) I am now a zombified husk of a man. I feel like everything’s a blur at the moment, and I really need to catch up on some god damn sleep.

This makes me feel sick. It is fucking disgusting.

After being attacked in riot, boy is mugged by people he thought were helping him.

But at least Sony is trying to be nice and get him a new PSP, but Jesus Christ, it's one thing to smash up a business, but he was a fucking innocent guy, already heavily bleeding and these fucking cunts saw an opportunity to just be spineless bastards.

Do I have "Fucking idiot" tattooed on my forehead? I think I must considering you keep blatantly fucking lying to me, withholding the truth and basically just pushing on my last nerve with your fucking antics.

Also, going back on something I asked you to do, then blatantly ignoring me when I ask you something, causing me to want to punch you in the face, is never a good thing.

You ever have one of those moments where you see something you shouldn't, and find something that sounds like someone you know, and in response, the blood rushes from your body and you feel like throwing up inside, as you come to the slow realisation that this could be a person you know.

If so, please let me know how to react now, as I think I'm going to go throw up as soon as I get the feeling back in my legs.

I think I seriously need to speak to someone. I can't, I can't handle this shit myself anymore.

You ever have one of those moments where you see something you shouldn't, and find something that sounds like someone you know, and in response, the blood rushes from your body and you feel like throwing up inside, as you come to the slow realisation that this could be a person you know.

If so, please let me know how to react now, as I think I'm going to go throw up as soon as I get the feeling back in my legs.

I think I seriously need to speak to someone. I can't, I can't handle this shit myself anymore.

Austen, if you ever need to talk, just let me know. For right now, hugs and I'm sure everything will take a turn for the better sooner than later.

You know those people, who you just can't stand. Who make inappropriate comments, always stink of booze and in their own minds, the world is out to get them, so they lash out and try to bring the rest of the world down to their level. The type of person who seems to revel in meddling in things that do not involve them, telling you lies about your family just to see your reaction, and just all round being a horrible person?

Yeah, my dads dating one of them.

You know those people, who you just can't stand. Who make inappropriate comments, always stink of booze and in their own minds, the world is out to get them, so they lash out and try to bring the rest of the world down to their level. The type of person who seems to revel in meddling in things that do not involve them, telling you lies about your family just to see your reaction, and just all round being a horrible person?

Yeah, I know people like that.

Just rest assured, Austen, eventually people see them as they are.

This.

My sleep paralysis is starting to become scary. Used to be a minute or so when I woke up and was very infrequent, now it's like 5 minutes a couple of times a week. Doesn't sound like much but with the panic symptoms 5 minutes is an eternity. Not hallucinations yet although those are common with some sufferers, frankly the lack of control is terrifying enough for me since I'm always scared I won't regain movement.

I need a fucking break from my life. :cry:

I really, really do. If no one minds, I'll be in the corner screaming at the top of my lungs.

Oh, my dad sees her for what she is, I just don't think he minds her. It's a shame, cause he's way to good for her.

OK, our company has a big job this weekend, trying to dig out some old equipment and make ready for the new stuff over the next three days. It's a relatively new customer, and the place we're going to has already complained about the amount of time it's taking to do. We want to make a good impression and do it right. Plus its a big payday for me when I go down tomorrow, monday and tuesday due to it being work on a bank holiday.

So the company we hired our excavator from sent the wrong breaker for it. We can't even crack the ground. We can't do a damn thing. The whole job, a week of organising in the office, thousands of pounds of equipment, labour and our company's reputation with a new employer who could be good for hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of work every year all completely fucking WASTED because some SHIT sat in a hiring office can't do their FUCKING JOB. If I could reach the person responsible there would be physical violence involved, no doubt in my mind.

Because I grit my teeth, I usually walk around with a mild headache. One of this level, however, is new to me. This is the kind that I want to sleep and / or drink off. But since I'm at work for the afternoon, it'll be a while before I can take a nap.