The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Students who don't take responsibility for their actions piss me off...

Well if your talking about me then I have I have to thank you because when I read your comment I automatically started doing this science project that

off for like the longest time because you made me think I haven't been taking responsibility for that class. So anyway, I did it and got an A on the project which gave me a B in his class which means I don't have a D in his class. :happy:

Thanks Dread!

Good. Sorry about the curtness of that comment but you hit me on the wrong day. I had three students blame me for work they should have done and directions they should have read before getting bad marks on assignments.

Good for you for taking initiative. Too many students these days try and sail through school without doing anything, and I happen to teach at an alternate school where kids who get things done are kids who bust their asses. It's given me a lot more appreciation for that kind of intiiative among the high school age.

I think I'm about to win the thread, yay. <_<

Well where do I begin, a friend of mine, a guy who in Jr. High I may have called my Best Friend passed away on Saturday, he was 19 years old, that'll typically get a guy riled up right? There is no certainty on how he died. He was in Mexico on a vacation with his older brother, the story goes that they were drinking from 12PM-3PM, the older brother is sent to his room because he is done, my friend is left at the bar (hotel, swim-up bar) the older brother wakes up at 8 the next morning and doesn't know where my friend is, the hotel staff takes him aside 2-3 hours later and tell him my friend was found, having apparently fallen off the balcony from 10 story's up. The fishy part is number 1, the railing is chest high according to the brother and number 2, the Mexican police were very lax in their job, they didn't even question the older brother. The whole thing doesn't feel right. Maybe he did stumble off the edge drunk, maybe not regardless it sucks. Cherry on the cake though is I go to the 7-11 to grab some snacks/comfort food around 1AM (the wire just picked up the story at 8PM Mon. Night) and Tuesday's Winnipeg Sun's are there, I look at one and my friend is the cover story, full page cover for him, and there is a stick-n advertisement that covers his entire face. I have half a mind to grab a bullhorn and go to the offices tomorrow and show how pissed I am.

This sucks.

Fucking Hell! Kellen, I'm sorry dude.

Is the Canadian Foreign Affairs ministry getting involved? Shit like this happens too often. It may have happened to me when I was down there if my friend's dad (who took us) was, shall we say, a tough guy, who took care of four guys who were forcing my frind and I into an alley to buy drugs. Skeevy situation.

I know that a couple from BC were also murdered down there with no investigation as well.

I hope justice is served and I suppose that's the best thing that can happen. Thoughts are with you, man.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fucking lazy, incompetent bastards here at work couldn't be bothered to update their crappy database with my new mailing address -- a year ago, when I gave it to them -- so now to get my 2007 W2 I have to pay to have it reissued. Assholes.

It's not so much the money; it's the fucking point. No one does their fucking jobs. Ever. And who pays for it? Me. Always me. Normally I wind up doing extra work in a situation like this, this time, however, it's going to cost me money to clean up their mess. Fuckers.

I put my laptop in the shop two weeks ago under the impression that it was going to be shipped to HP to have its motherboard replaced since it was a widespread factory defect. I go to the store today and they haven't even sent it to HP yet. Two fucking weeks it has sat there and nothing has been done about it. It's likely going to be at least another week until I get it back--meaning no awards show for probably two more weeks.

As Ron White would say, I have been spun into a dimension of pissed-off I have never been in before in my life.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the path to a nervous breakdown at the rate I've been going the last two months.

People call me Emo based on how I look and what I listen to. And we're doing square dancing for PE

If your jeans are tighter than your sister's, if you're hair covers one eye and / or if you listen to bands like My Chemical Romance, you're Emo.

Going by your avatar, I'm guessing you're an authority on all things emo.

Well, my job is most likely the worst thing I've ever been forced to do and I've had a large number of shitty jobs, including but not limited to: Janitor, harvesting pistachios, and unpaid stage hand

But this job takes the damn cake. I've been working at my current job for three years, and it's not the work that bothers me. It's not the unbearable changes to our operations that they spring on us seemingly at random every three weeks or so..no, it's the damn people. I'm doing nothing wrong, yet people are just too stupid to realize that things beyond my control are not going to be blamed on me, and that personal accountability is at an all time low. People have the audacity to get angry when I tell them that they did something that they actually did. Or when something is black and white, either it's done or it wasn't done, no gray area involved, and people still want to dance and make excuses. It burns my soul.

Why can't I just become a sub already? God I'd kill to be able to quit my job.

People call me Emo based on how I look and what I listen to. And we're doing square dancing for PE

If your jeans are tighter than your sister's, if you're hair covers one eye and / or if you listen to bands like My Chemical Romance, you're Emo.

Going by your avatar, I'm guessing you're an authority on all things emo.

c'mon Mike I thought you were better than that. That's stereotyping and so what if i said yes to all of those things. Thanks for backing me up cvskin

As far as I'm concerned, emo kids have NOTHING on hardcore/straight edge kids:

Hardcoredancingidiocy.gif

FUCK AIR. I'M GONNA KICK AIR'S ASS!! ROUNDHOUSE KICK WINDMILL PUNCH RAWR!!1!!1

Is that what Hardcore has really become? I remember going to hardcore shows like Agnostic Front and Madball as a teen, and if you'd pull that shit there, you would end up getting punched in the face.

As far as I'm concerned, emo kids have NOTHING on hardcore/straight edge kids:

Hardcoredancingidiocy.gif

FUCK AIR. I'M GONNA KICK AIR'S ASS!! ROUNDHOUSE KICK WINDMILL PUNCH RAWR!!1!!1

Is that what Hardcore has really become? I remember going to hardcore shows like Agnostic Front and Madball as a teen, and if you'd pull that shit there, you would end up getting punched in the face.

No. Those are a bunch of kids acting like jackasses. They're rather common at pretty much all musical gatherings these days, and while the whole air fighting thing is rather hilarious, no, that's not a completely accurate depiction of the current scene.

I went to an Alexisonfire show roughly three months ago and four people out of about 12,000 tried to do that. They promptly got thrown out for that bullshit.

Anyways, the point I was making is that there are idiots at every concert, just most aren't as amusing.