The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started to write an article for my site at school. It was a column, It was the best, the best. All my teachers were blown away. I come home to finish it, and I find i left it at the computer lab.

EDIT: I went to the computer lab, and it was sitting there.

• 1 month later...

One of my tasks at work is to maintain the department's website. However, recently we changed domains, and I was asked to have the old domain auto-forward to the new domain. Since that involved a domain I no longer have control over, I phoned someone with the power to make the change. He wasn't in, so I left a voicemail. No big deal, I figured, it'll get done soon.

A few days later I was told the old domain was still active, and was asked, once again, to make the auto-forward happen. So again I left a message with the fellow who could institute the change. It wasn't pissy or bossy or anything like it; it was simply a "I'm following up on that call from last week" message. That's it.

However, this evening I received the following e-mail from the head of my department. Though I've omitted the name of the fellow in question, the rest of the e-mail is intact:

I got a voicemail from [...] this afternoon that indicated he had redirected the site. He also said that he had emailed you and voicemailed you without a response and that you had told him that I was "very angry." Is this true? I would like to get the facts straight on this, and I certainly don't want him upset with us, since we depend upon his good graces for at least some of what we need to accomplish as a department.

This is total bullshit!

First, I never said my boss was "very angry." I said he wanted me to "follow up" on the previous call. Furthermore, the guy in question couldn't have sent me an e-mail or voicemail because he doesn't have my e-mail addy nor does my work extension have voicemail.

For no good reason he lied about me, and my boss partially believed it.

I will (and have) quit a job if I feel the higher-ups don't have my back, so to speak, and this job is so testing me in that regard.

All we had was Oregon Trail and we liked it!

I approve of this post.

No shit. "Computer time, kids!" "Two hours playing with Print Shop? Yay!!!!"

For us it was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, Lemonade Stand and Oregon Trail.

All we had was Oregon Trail and we liked it!

I approve of this post.

No shit. "Computer time, kids!" "Two hours playing with Print Shop? Yay!!!!"

For us it was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, Lemonade Stand and Oregon Trail.

We also played some game with a spider that you make go across the screen with different colored webs. I did love Oregon Trail though. I still play it on occasion.

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

well seeing as this is the vent thread-here i go!

my f**king college is not telling me what i passed or failed for six months at a time, sonow at the end of the course i'm finding out that stuff that i thought i had passed months ago, was not only failed, but now i missed the re-sit cut off, and now have to pay!

next they don't get back to me about a place for the course for next year, even though i posted my letter of wanting to get to the next year in febuary! and they sent me a letter saying they got the letter-febuary 13th!

wtf!

next my course lecturers are just using me as a sort of ball to be kicked boy!

yay!

so now i have no course and three weeks to pass six months of work!

god i wish i was jesus.........then i could make water into wine and drink my troubles away!

well seeing as this is the vent thread-here i go!

my f**king college is not telling me what i passed or failed for six months at a time, sonow at the end of the course i'm finding out that stuff that i thought i had passed months ago, was not only failed, but now i missed the re-sit cut off, and now have to pay!

next they don't get back to me about a place for the course for next year, even though i posted my letter of wanting to get to the next year in febuary! and they sent me a letter saying they got the letter-febuary 13th!

wtf!

next my course lecturers are just using me as a sort of ball to be kicked boy!

yay!

so now i have no course and three weeks to pass six months of work!

god i wish i was Jesus.........then i could make water into wine and drink my troubles away!

my spelling and grammar were awful in that post, i should have proof read it, also i do a media course so.......damn!

I was dropping by to go pick up my comics this afternoon on the way back to my office and the second I pulled into the car park I got a call from my boss in Scotland- he urgently needed a mobile number. I told him I was on my way back and this meant I had to immidiatly leave the car park, pay the ticket and go straight back to the office. I only needed 20 minutes to get my books! The only thing he asks me to do all day and I get comic-blocked.

Customer: Hi, I'm looking for a book.

Me: Okay, what's it called?

Customer: I dunno.

Me: Alright, then who's the author?

Me: ... what's the book about?

Customer: I dunno. It's the... you know, it's the new one. The one everyone's buying.

Me: Are you thinking of <popular book name here>?

Customer: No, that's not it.

Me: Hmm. How about <popular book #2 of about 58 million>?

Customer: Lemme see the cover.

(We walk over to it, I show her the book.)

Customer: No, that's definately not it.

(This continues for about 15 minutes, until...)

Customer: You know what? Forget it, I'll just find someone that knows what they're talking about.

Customer: Hi, I'm looking for a book.

Me: Okay, what's it called?

Me: Alright, then who's the author?

Me: ... what's the book about?

Customer: I dunno. It's the... you know, it's the new one. The one everyone's buying.

Me: Are you thinking of <popular book name here>?

Customer: No, that's not it.

Me: Hmm. How about <popular book #2 of about 58 million>?

Customer: Lemme see the cover.

(We walk over to it, I show her the book.)

Customer: No, that's definately not it.

(This continues for about 15 minutes, until...)

Customer: You know what? Forget it, I'll just find someone that knows what they're talking about.

Should have tried the latest Oprah book. That's what all the stupid women flock to.