The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

*hugs*

Women can be real bitches. 'm sorry that you're dealing with the more psychotic ones of the gender.

It's been an interesting twenty-four hours.

Since arriving home from college for winter break, the following things have happened:

-I found out that teh Dell (which has been dying for a long time, and was made of shit in the first place) finally had a hard disk crash, so now I had to deal with attempting to get my dad's HP laptop hooked up to the wireless network I secured back over summer. Finally managed to get them hooked up after a good two months of trying.

-Furnace apparently died, so I've spent most of today wrapped up in various layers and blankets and feeding a fire to keep warm. Apparently it had something to do with a circuit board, it was expensive, but the heat's finally back on.

-My littlest sister has been being a flaming bitch like she always is, more specifically about her cast not being off in time for her b-ball game tomorrow and finally caused an hour-long screaming fest/meltdown that ended up involving both my parents.

...Remind me why I come home?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm now considering a life as a non-practicing gay man.

Believe me, I've thought about it, but I feel like I'd have to lose weight and dress better, and I don't have the patience for that right now.

Dammit, you're right. I don't think my regular wardrobe of jeans and novelty t-shirts would cut it.

To do laundry?

To raid the pantry?

Yeah, see, if I try to do that, my mom bitches at me about my weight (varies as of late from high 180s to low 190s), which is just fine kthnxbye.

I mean, yes, I love them and all. I just can't stand being under the same roof with them as of late for more than forty-eight hours.

To do laundry?

To raid the pantry?

Yeah, see, if I try to do that, my mom bitches at me about my weight (varies as of late from high 180s to low 190s), which is just fine kthnxbye.

I mean, yes, I love them and all. I just can't stand being under the same roof with them as of late for more than forty-eight hours.

THat feeling goes away approximately never.

Ever since i slipped on my back about two weeks ago, my neck has been hurting like a motherfucker.

Also my right arm keeps getting this odd tingling sensation.

It's fucking annoying.

Also, why is that people don't know the meaning of this term:

"No, I don't know his number" and are convinced your joking and repeatedly ask you.

Also I am sick of so called "friends" in my lives who are using me to help them and then pretty much ignoring me the rest of the time, I'm sick of it.

What can I say, I hate my financial situation. I am praying I get a job out at the lake or else I need to ask the parents for money again, while they usually don't mind they a) give me the third degree and b) I feel like a loser for need charity. I'll admit I'm not the greatest guy with money but I hate that I'm at a spot where I need help from others.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm only posting this in here as I might as well post something different for a change.

I have a second date with someone I really like tomorrow and we just spoke a little while ago and admitted that we really like each other.

So yay, at least one thing is looking up for me right now. :happy:

think positively young grasshopper at least until she stands you up :laugh:

in all seriousness though suave that's great that you've some postive stuff going on in your life. :D

On the happier side of things, that gift card finally arrived.

Then again, nothing is ever easy around here. Take this conversation for instance:

Nameless: Mike, why are some of the links red but this one is grey?

Me: I don't know. That has nothing to do with me.

Nameless: Yeah. Okay. But why is this one grey?

Me: I don't know.

Nameless: But the rest are red.

Me: Yes.

Nameless: But this is grey.

Nameless: Why?

Me: Really, I don't know. Have you clicked it?

Nameless: No. Why?

Me: Links have three colors: one for before you click, one when you hover, another after you've clicked it.

Nameless: What's that matter?

Me: Maybe it turns red after you click it.

Nameless: No. It's still grey.

Me: Well then, I don't know what to tell you.

Nameless: These ones, the red ones, they're in a list.

Me: Yeah.

Nameless: But this grey one isn't. Is that it?

Me: Maybe.

Nameless: What if you put this up here in the list? Maybe it would be red like the rest.

Me: But you wanted it down there, like that.

Nameless: But it's grey.

Nameless: Can you look into this?

Me: What?

Nameless: You can't really tell it's a link. It doesn't stand out.

Me: Hmm. Well-

Nameless: Can you make it red?

Me: No, I can't. That's a site-wide thing, and I only have control over our pages.

Nameless: So you can't change it?

Me: No.

Nameless: Can someone?

Me: Maybe. I don't know.

Nameless: Can it be changed?

Me: Maybe. I don't know.

Nameless: Can you look into it?

Me: Sure, I suppose.

Nameless: Who are you going to contact?

Me: [i rattled of the name of the overall site administrator.]

Nameless: Is he still here? Isn't he leaving?

Me: Someone will get his e-mails.

Nameless: Do you think they'll be able to change it?

Me: Maybe. They might have control over that, but it could be the software. If it's the software, maybe not.

Nameless: Mmh hmm. Okay. Look into that.

Well, my finances have been taking a kicking recently.....

All I can do is pray I get money to pay off SAAS, my student loan payment paid till April. And my UNi not taking tuition fees at the end of this month for £300.

If that all goes to plan then my house of cards stays afloat for another month.

If not.....

Stamps! Anyone want to buy any stamps! You can lick them and put them on envelopes! Stamps!

You know, I don't really have much to vent on, I guess since I met this new person I like (It's still early, i don't want to fuck it up) and leaving the stress of my course, I feel really calm and not such a misersable bastard.

This is weird.