The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I have to head over to my mother's after work tonight and engage in pitched battle with the snowblower. The thing is a cheap pile of shit and yet she refuses to even consider replacing it. Instead, I get to fiddle with it while my mother hovers over my shoulder offering all kinds of helpful advice and keen observations. It finally became all but useless last year when the handle bent during a really bad storm last winter. However, I am still expected to magic this thing into usefulness.

I am incredibly not looking forward to this.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used the shovel last night and when I had finished, there was already three centimetres (little more than an inch to you yanks) where I started. I bought whiskey today. That should help.

Snow Days suck. I just finished a shit-ton of paperwork to make way for a shit-ton to come after Xmas break. I'm not going to take any marking home because I want the first third of my novel completed by February.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK Disclaimeer: There will be alot of cursing in caps before I go into the real rant.

GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT SONOFABITCH FUCKING STUPID EMPLOYERS!!!!!!!!!

OK now to the rant:

I had my second meeting with my bosses this morning at my apartment. The point of having it where I live is because I waned to show them my living situation and the fact that living in the same place that you work is very stressful. The offer that they are giving me is a free apt in another complex this apartment is 2x smaller then the one I have now. And there';s no salary. So basically I have until February 1st to get everything packed and moved. Because I'm not even considering that offer at all. Think of me as Joe Torreee being pissed at what the Yankees offered. So I'm pissed, depressed, and everything.... Thank god for these forums at least I can keep some sort of sanity.

Sometimes I feel like my problems pale in comparison to others. And I promised that I'd never pull this again, but here I am bitching to a forum.

But anyways,

I feel like shit. The short of it, the girl I've been dating for 4 months says she's unhappy and needs to take a break from me. I'm not even sure what that means outside of "I need some space." I feel liked I've fucked up pretty bad and I could have prevented things. I feel like my family's actions are driving one of the better things in my life away. I really like this woman. It just really sucks because I was really excited to spend more time with her during the holidays since I won't be working that hard on my master program material...but now I'll probably be spending much of it alone. I'm not exactly sure what to do...

On a lighter note my friend of 20 years is getting his B.A. degree tomorrow, I'm very proud of him.

How did that happen? Unless you blew directly downward, splashing the wet wax pooled at the top upward, I can't see how that works.

You should be okay, though. Doesn't wax cool almost instantly?

Yah, I titlted the candle to blow it out, And when it hit me, I was more shocked than anything.