The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, before I tell this story, I needs to be pointed out that every relationship I've had in the past has occurred through sheer accident. I never really "dated", and my pick up skills are non existent. So far, I've just been in the right place at the wrong time. Today, however, I was going to try and change that.

There's this girl at work that I've grown quite fond of. She's not really my type at all, way too prissy, but she's very nice and I enjoy our small talk, so I figured she was a safe bet. I like her enough to make a move, but not so much that I'd be devastated if she turned me down. Last night, I'd been talking to my friend Alex, asking for advice and she said "pay her a compliment and don't be a cunt". Sound advice if I've ever heard it.

So she came in today, and she was wearing a very nice hat. Alright, I thought to myself, say "nice hat, it looks good on you". That's all I needed to say. Unfortunately, when I walked over, my brain shut down and instead the exchange turned into this.

Me: You... have a hat. (:doh:)

Her: Um... yeah.

Me: ...okay, just wanted to let you know.

And I walked away.

If that weren't enough, I just went to the supermarket to grab dinner and the checkout lady started hitting on me. Of course, since it's me, the checkout lady was at least in her 60s. I swear, I'm like a reverse version of Suavestar. The old ladies can't get enough of me, and the young ones think I'm such a simpleton that I'm rendered speechless by the mere sight of a head accessory.

If that weren't enough, I just went to the supermarket to grab dinner and the checkout lady started hitting on me. Of course, since it's me, the checkout lady was at least in her 60s. I swear, I'm like a reverse version of Suavestar. The old ladies can't get enough of me, and the young ones think I'm such a simpleton that I'm rendered speechless by the mere sight of a head accessory.

So let me get this straight, the old ladies can't get enough of you.

What is this magic that you possess, I want it.

Me: You... have a hat. (doh.gif)

Her: Um... yeah.

Me: ...okay, just wanted to let you know.

And I walked away.

Look at the positive, at least she was actually wearing a hat.

I have a cold, I am now out of cold medicine, I am going to have walk to Shoppers Drug Mart and back (45 minutes) in -35 windchill.

Also

It's been one year now that my friend Josh Iwasiuk passed away, damn it feels just like yesterday I posted about it this thread.

n654757090_994549_2722.jpg

In the future, can't wait to see

If you open up the gates for me

Reminisce some time, the night they took my friend

Try to black it out but it plays again

When it's real, feelings hard to conceal

Can't imagine all the pain I feel

Give anything to hear half your breath

I know you're still living your life after death.

Every step I take, Every move I make

Every single day, Every time I pray

I'll be missing you

Thinking of the day, when you went away

What a life to take, what a bond to break

I'll be missing you

It occurs that I'd rather work in a vacuum that listen to another second of GWR radio. Its selective blend of modern and classic shite and bad adverts blended together into a 15 song playlist is unbearable. If I'd wanted to listen to Heart of Glass 10 times I day I wouldn't have buried Debbie Harry in concrete last year.

Also requiring regular max strength lemsips just to function, its the only way the pain in my throat goes away long enough to eat.

I know I've said this one before...

I have an InDesign project that is due tomorrow, and as such I want to finish it today. This is made difficult when every class that has computers running InDesign have classes booked for the next few hours.

I worked 7 hours Tuesday last week, had school Wednesday, worked 7 hours Thursday, 13 hours Friday between two jobs, 7 hours Saturday (on roughly 4 hours sleep), 10 hours Sunday (I got called in early AND I had diarrhea all fucking day), worked 3 hours Monday morning (I don't work Mondays now but I volunteered to come in for a bit to help the managers get other stuff done) before going to school tired as fuck, worked 5 hours yesterday, I'm currently at school, and I'm working 6+ hours tomorrow before FINALLY getting an off day on Friday--my first since MLK Day.

Erin has good reason to worry about me collapsing somewhere. And knowing my luck, I'll get called into work Friday anyway.

I worked 7 hours Tuesday last week, had school Wednesday, worked 7 hours Thursday, 13 hours Friday between two jobs, 7 hours Saturday (on roughly 4 hours sleep), 10 hours Sunday (I got called in early AND I had diarrhea all fucking day), worked 3 hours Monday morning (I don't work Mondays now but I volunteered to come in for a bit to help the managers get other stuff done) before going to school tired as fuck, worked 5 hours yesterday, I'm currently at school, and I'm working 6+ hours tomorrow before FINALLY getting an off day on Friday--my first since MLK Day.

Erin has good reason to worry about me collapsing somewhere. And knowing my luck, I'll get called into work Friday anyway.

If you get called into work on Friday, there will be some major ass-kicking being done by me.

On a personal note, I have a fuck off migraine. I'd rather be in bed, but I have to take a test today, so I have to go to class. On the other hand, I am not going to work today.

If you get called into work on Friday, there will be some major ass-kicking being done by me.

On a personal note, I have a fuck off migraine. I'd rather be in bed, but I have to take a test today, so I have to go to class. On the other hand, I am not going to work today.

Go Erin Go!

Only 4 more minutes....Only 4 more minute...Then I want have to see a certain unfavorible teacher until friday. Oh and 4 more minutes until Technology, Its a free for all period.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Every single restaurant and store around me is snowed in WTF. I'm hungry damnit I have nothing to drink at the time other then water which I refuse to drink because I truly believe there's bad shit in the water here in KY. I could try calling pizza delivery but I don't want fucking pizza and if their store is snowed in no damn delivery. ugh spring can't get here any faster.

My friend (the crazy one) can't seem to understand just how showing me pictures of her single friends isn't really helping my situation right now. I know she has good intentions, but setting me up with a girl I've never met isn't going to do anything but cause me more problems.

After an hour or so of this last night, I caved in and finally agreed to talk to one of these girls, and I'm actually dreading it. Not that she's unattractive or anything. It's quite the opposite, in fact. She's too attractive. It appears that every friend she's ever made in her lifetime is now a model of some sort, and this one is no exception. I suppose that's a silly thing to complain about, especially since I'm fairly certain a large number of guys would kill their grandmother to be with this girl, but considering I can't even tell a semi-attractive girl that her hat looks nice, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence to take this one on.

Though many of the people I've talked to have come to the consensus that I must pursue this girl for the sake of the entire male race, and if I succeed, it will be a victory for geeks everywhere.

My friend (the crazy one) can't seem to understand just how showing me pictures of her single friends isn't really helping my situation right now. I know she has good intentions, but setting me up with a girl I've never met isn't going to do anything but cause me more problems.

After an hour or so of this last night, I caved in and finally agreed to talk to one of these girls, and I'm actually dreading it. Not that she's unattractive or anything. It's quite the opposite, in fact. She's too attractive. It appears that every friend she's ever made in her lifetime is now a model of some sort, and this one is no exception. I suppose that's a silly thing to complain about, especially since I'm fairly certain a large number of guys would kill their grandmother to be with this girl, but considering I can't even tell a semi-attractive girl that her hat looks nice, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence to take this one on.

Though many of the people I've talked to have come to the consensus that I must pursue this girl for the sake of the entire male race, and if I succeed, it will be a victory for geeks everywhere.

And so it is written...