The "I need to vent" thread

Someone who I cared about actually asked me about an hour and a half ago if I had Advanced Down's Syndrome.

I really wish they were joking or I was posting this, but it isn't a joke and they asked me deadly seriously.

I think I am more hurt about this than anything else.

Edit: Thankfully it was a misunderstanding.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, setting the table again for those who don't actively remember everything I say.

-I'm in a combined Ad/PR/Journalism/Broadcast program at a small College here in Winnipeg

-There is a lot of free reign involved with a lot of our projects and I find myself leaning a lot towards video game stuff (created a video game magazine from scratch with my group, going to run a video game tournament as my 2nd year major project.)

-In 2nd year, we have work placements in 2 sets of three weeks and we have free reign on where we can go so long as it's all set-up for us.

-I've been throwing e-mails back and forth with Stuttering Craig from Screwattack.com in regards to doing my work placement there, my aunt and uncle live in Dallas and are willing to put me up for the time to work there.

-Craig appears interested, He wants to see my portfolio (which between my College stuff and e2 stuff, I think would be enough) and if he likes it, he wants to do an interview, but it has to be face to face, in Dallas.

-I wanted to go down to SGC in Dallas, however that looks like it's not happening. I've had people drop out left and right, and if one more person drops out (which involves getting a week off of work and setting aside about $400 Canadian) it's off. SGC would have been awesome because I could have done my interview, got a little insight on running a video game event, and getting a little holiday.

-If I can't get to Dallas some time this summer, no Screwattack. Working even as an intern for six weeks at Screwattack would be such a boost for me, and I want it to happen. It frustrates me that it could be so within my grasp only to have it slip away.

So, between the crazy homework load my Japanese class seems to be giving me this term (three quizzes a week, anywhere from four to eight pages of workbooks due on the same days as quizzes, and frequent writing assignments), the sheer dauntingness of having to do an ethnography in ten weeks, and eight-thirties five days a week, I may be reduced to a rocking wreck in the corner by the end of the term.

I just did that thing quoting Des's post as I wanted to add that line.

I added what I was thinking after, rather than double posting.

I'll take out the quote I took then.

2.) Dude...seriously. Double you tee ef.

What d'you mean?

Anyway, I've re-edited and took that crap I said afterwards out, it made no sense and wasn't funny.

WHY IS IT STILL SNOWING?!?!?! IT'S FUCKING APRIL DAMNIT!

Because you live in the part of the world that no-one else wanted.

That can't be true, because I woke up to a HALF A FOOT of snow today!

Guest DCAUFan1051

paypal is severely pissing me off! I haven't used my account in over 3 months the last thing I used it for was buying the Clerks set from Mike and I get a limited access notice. on the phone with them now trying to get it sorted out. It's just frustrating because I need to pay for something with it!

EDIT: apparently it was an outside source trying to gain access to my account ugh, but it's been taken care of now.

I was referring to the whole continent.

Because Bristol is paradise, right?

So, no April Foolin' here, someone stole our Art Department's... HUMAN SKELETON.

I'm a bit afraid.

Was it stolen or was there a shifty looking guy with a copy of Liber Necris tucked under his arm seen in the area?

Damn straight! No word of a lie, its my favorite town. Long significant history, close to the ocean, great harbourside, not to big, not too small and best of all a big student population, meaning that on a hot summer day its very easy on the eyes. I mean, I love New York too but at that time of year it smells like an open sewer.

So, no April Foolin' here, someone stole our Art Department's... HUMAN SKELETON.

I'm a bit afraid.

Was it stolen or was there a shifty looking guy with a copy of Liber Necris tucked under his arm seen in the area?

Damn straight! No word of a lie, its my favorite town. Long significant history, close to the ocean, great harbourside, not to big, not too small and best of all a big student population, meaning that on a hot summer day its very easy on the eyes. I mean, I love New York too but at that time of year it smells like an open sewer.

So....when do I move in?

So....when do I move in?

Just as soon as I find out Ian's address to give you...or that joke becomes old.

That had become a recurring joke? I may rip on Bristol, but I live in bloody Derby, which has no claim to fame whatsoever. If Derby were a colour, it'd be beige.

So....when do I move in?

Just as soon as I find out Ian's address to give you...or that joke becomes old.

That had become a recurring joke? I may rip on Bristol, but I live in bloody Derby, which has no claim to fame whatsoever. If Derby were a colour, it'd be beige.

I think this is a contender for POTD!

So....when do I move in?

You're either famous for hat-making or horse races. Right?