Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm alive.

In Maryland, we have an urgent care clinic called Nighttime Pediatrics (despite the name, they care for adults too). I went there Monday and they told me to go to the ER immediately. So I went there.

Apparently, if you walk into the ER with chest pains, they jump you to the front of the line. I felt rather silly when they made me sit in a wheelchair and carted me around the whole place. That is, of course, until they started doing tests. They started taking blood and revealed that I had hypotension, or very low blood pressure, to the point that when they started taking the blood, my body shut down and I was almost out. What they told me afterwards was that if I closed my eyes when I was in there, I was fucked.

At that point, I was put on an IV and actually needed a wheelchair. All I remember after that is a blur of tests that they put me through, half conscious. Then suddenly, I was lying in a bed watching the History Channel. Moments later a very nice female doctor with a Scottish accent told me that it was Tuesday. She then started to ask me a lot of questions that I didn't know the answer to, such as my family's history with heart problems (both of my folks died way too long ago for me to know). She then told me that all of my tests cleared and the scare the day before had nothing to do with my chest problem. She gave me a mystery pill and told me I was staying another night before asking if their was anyone she wanted me to call. I asked her to call work for me, and she assured me that I wouldn't be working for the rest of the week.

This morning, my chest pains were mostly gone and I was finally given an answer as to what happened. Apparently, 12 years of insomnia, energy drinks, and stress caught up to me and I had just experienced my very first anxiety attack, which she noted feels like a heart attack to some people. I was then granted my exit with a prescription of the pill she gave me earlier (some sort of anti-anxiety thing) and told me I couldn't go back to work until next monday.

Sorry if I scared you guys.

Yeah, those energy drinks turn blood to treacle, you should probably stop with those. Glad you're ok Dubs, thank god you took everyone else's advice and got checked out. Take it easy man, you're good people and we just want you be ok. Keep us updated when you can.

God-damn Bristol Comic Expo has sold out of tickets. Two years ago you walked in on the day, now they've sold out a month in advance, its insane. Its not like it was this bad last year even, I was in New York at the time but my housemate took his son for a few hours and got in no problem. They'd better still have the separate hall with the second hand sellers there, if I can't get into the main show I can at least have some fun completing some old runs. Last time I got every issue of the JLI.

I don't know how people I work with drink those things day in and day out without having major league circulatory issues. Red Bulls and the like are absolutely horrible for you, and they just drink several of them every day.

Christ. I don't see how anyone can do that.

I only drink energy drinks around finals or midterms time, when I actually need to be up till ungodly hours, and I can't do it on soda alone.

I don't know how people I work with drink those things day in and day out without having major league circulatory issues. Red Bulls and the like are absolutely horrible for you, and they just drink several of them every day.

Christ. I don't see how anyone can do that.

I only drink energy drinks around finals or midterms time, when I actually need to be up till ungodly hours, and I can't do it on soda alone.

I stopped last year, and I've tried to ditch caffine as well, only resorting when its really vital like when I've got 200 miles to drive and its 4:30am. Its not enough just to go sugarfree, that stuff is poison. Poison running through my veins, its poison. I don't wanna break these chains.

I think I am starting to develop anger issues.

I almost went ballistic at the train station today when the ticket checking my ticket almost tried to accuse me of freud with my ticket. My problem was that the ticket said the time I bought a return (four hours earlier) and said it was a fucking return ticket, which means that I get in, and the other half gets me out.

I am so annoyed and angry about this and other things over the past few weeks I am ready to fucking blow up on someone.

*Usually*, one expects a union to do more good than harm to their workers and communities.

I have no faith in the combined intelligence of large groups of people.

The larger the group, the lower the IQ. Thats why you can't sell a complicated idea that would save the world, because a simple one that won't appeals to more people.