The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from a Squirrel Nut Zippers concert. It was fucking AMAZING. I stood right next to the stage where I was no more than 10 feet from Katherine Whalen the whole time. I lost my voice cheering so much. Just so much energy from all of the band members and the guest swing dancers and guest violinist. Wow. :yes:

I just got back from a Squirrel Nut Zippers concert. It was fucking AMAZING. I stood right next to the stage where I was no more than 10 feet from Katherine Whalen the whole time. I lost my voice cheering so much. Just so much energy from all of the band members and the guest swing dancers and guest violinist. Wow. :yes:

I saw them years ago at the Orpheum in Boston. It was one of the best concerts I've EVER been to.

You’re a far braver (crazier?) man than I.

11 albums in and the left part of my jaw hurts. My nose is also stinging.

I may have release though. His thirteen album 2007 release "In Search of the" no longer seems to be on my hard drive...? Maybe the gods are trying to tell me something.

I don't think I ever realized just how fantastic a guitar player Jimbo Mathus is until tonight. The man is fan-fucking-tastic and it's sad because he can't be all that well known to the masses.

But have you heard Buckethead? You won't know the inside of the back of your skull needs itching until he shreds.

Guest DCAUFan1051

With the upcoming release of their sixith studio album entitled Dark Horse Nickelback released an iTunes only track from the album:

Something In Your Mouth

this album is gonna be the best yet from Nickelback!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

NB-SomethingInYourMouthSingle.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051
Something in your mouth? My lord, they're not making things any easier for themselves are they?

Must...refrain...from...typing!

lmao you guys are crazy

if you've ever heard Theory Of A Deadman's song Bad Girlfriend it's kinda like that lyrically the melody and sound with the recording they did sounds really cool but I know I'm the only fan of NB on here that's willing to defend them even if Des punched Chad out before they got famous :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Oh, my Jesus. That is the worst title they ever could have come up with. Even "Kicking School Children in the Crotch" would have been a better title than that.

the song is pretty catchy I like it and I think I posted the track listing for Dark Horse the new album earlier in the thread but I doubt anyone will go back and look at it.

She Watched the Sky - A Skylit Drive

Wires...and the Concept of Breathing - A Skylit Drive

These guys are AMAZING. I got to chat with them at a show the other night. They are all super nice guys and they have a geeky side, too. One of the songs on Wires... is about Final Fantasy X. Honestly, Wires... is one of the best albums I've heard in years. If you are into screamo or post-hardcore rock, then pick up either of their albums. They rule.

The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go

Girls Aloud - The Show (yeah Sloth, I know)

It's alright, Dubs - millions of other people think these acts are good as well. Lord knows I'm not one of them, though.

The Fratellis - Costello Music

Oasis - Stop the Clocks

Radiohead - The Bends

Run DMC - It's Tricky

Supergrass - Supergrass is Ten

Don't you love it when there are bands of certain quality that you know when they release an album it will bring the goods.

I bought Snow Patrol - A Hundred Million Suns, just because I loved their last album. It did not disappoint. It's a bit slower than their last one, but the lyrics are probably more powerful. In their more rock songs though, they remind me a hint of Foo Fighters.

But you know what I love the most about this album (or maybe my reaction) is that some of my favorite songs aren't the singles/most radio played, but other songs. I few years ago I made the pledge to never skip to the familiar songs with a new album, but to listen to it as the songwriters intended, and I can say I have never regretted doing that. A really good album will tell a story, the whole sometimes exceeding the parts...

The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go

Girls Aloud - The Show (yeah Sloth, I know)

It's alright, Dubs - millions of other people think these acts are good as well. Lord knows I'm not one of them, though.

Really? I thought the Ting Tings would make some great entrance music for Skelley. :happy:

There was this experiment that I've heard some people do where they only listen to the same six songs over and over for 24 hours straight. I think that's the next step for you Desrick. Here's a recommended playlist.

Britney Spears - I'm a Slave For You

Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Limp Bizkit - Rollin

Nickelback - How You Remind Me

New Kids on the Block - Hangin Tough

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

There was this experiment that I've heard some people do where they only listen to the same six songs over and over for 24 hours straight. I think that's the next step for you Desrick. Here's a recommended playlist.

Britney Spears - I'm a Slave For You

Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Limp Bizkit - Rollin

Nickelback - How You Remind Me

New Kids on the Block - Hangin Tough

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Jeez! At least three of those mean certain death!

I may try this. You have to listen for all twenty four hours or that's all I can listen to during those twenty four hours? Because I can't have headphones on for 24 hours with kids and stuff. Maybe when they go away for the weekend...