The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N Roses, though I consider Appetite the greatest rock record ever made, I seriously think it could have had some competition if they had combined the best of the Use Your Illusion albums into one. A legendary follow-up would have looked liek this:

Civil War

Dust N Bones

Right Next Door To Hell

14 Years

Don't Cry

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

You Could be Mine

Bad Apples

Live and Let Die

Double Talkin' Jive

Don't Damn Me

November Rain

• 3 weeks later...

while doing research for GeekCast Radio's Decade in Review episode I found this to be a very sad fact

To be fair, they gave the 1990's to Mariah Carrey also. I think they threw their credibility out the window then and there. I refuse to believe that the 90s and 00s were that desolate of an era where better musicians didn't come along.

while doing research for GeekCast Radio's Decade in Review episode I found this to be a very sad fact

To be fair, they gave the 1990's to Mariah Carrey also. I think they threw their credibility out the window then and there. I refuse to believe that the 90s and 00s were that desolate of an era where better musicians didn't come along.

Honestly? Granted, I know there aren't a ton of rap fans around here but I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone else for the 2000s.

The last few days I have been listening to nothing but blues on vinyl. The remastered CDs I got a few months ago just aren't the same. I grew up listening to these classics with the static, pops and crackels that you have with vinyl. Finally hooked up my record player after living here for a year. Borrowed a nice selection of my dads collection. Lightnin' Hopkins & Mississippi John Hurt are just masters of the guitar. Looking it over and I have ten different versions of Lightnin' playing Mojo Hand and not once does it get old or seem like overkill. Pure awesome.

You ever listen to Blind Willie McTell?

The most disturbing blues ever written.

A to Z blues man, the A to Z blues. Its the sort of song that causes nam-vet style flashbacks in people who have never seen combat.

I just got myself a Lightin' Hopkins cd for Christmas, its just awesome.

Wow, Nicolette and I actually do have something in common--listening to Jethro Tull's awesomeness.

Anyway, I got a $50 iTunes card for my birthday, so I got:

Witness - blessthefall

Gallop Meets the Earth - Protest the Hero

A New Hope - Vanna

Xenogears Light - an arrangement of Xenogears songs with piano emphasis

And a smattering of singles: "Pinball Wizard" and "Baba O'Riley" - The Who, "Pick Up the Pieces" - Average White Band, "Midnight Rider", "Ramblin' Man", and "Hot'Lanta (Live at the Fillmore East)" - The Allman Bros. Band, and "I've Got Ten Friends and a Crowbar That Says You Ain't Gonna Do Jack" - Underoath.

Honestly? Granted, I know there aren't a ton of rap fans around here but I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone else for the 2000s.

And Billboard is based on sales over a period of time. No One. Could possibly beat Eminem's 4 (?) albums over a decade even though every single one of them has been outsold (I"m sure).