Remake of Stephen King's It

The original It was amazing. I remember it being one of the very few occassions when the day after part one came out, everyone - everyone, not just the people in my little nerd cabal - was talking about it the next day. People who missed part one weren't even able to go to the bank or the grocery store without getting spoiled. I had never seen anything like it before.

Alas, I also remember part two being a major disappointment.

The original It was amazing. I remember it being one of the very few occassions when the day after part one came out, everyone - everyone, not just the people in my little nerd cabal - was talking about it the next day. People who missed part one weren't even able to go to the bank or the grocery store without getting spoiled. I had never seen anything like it before.

Alas, I also remember part two being a major disappointment.

The disappointing aspect of the second half was the reveal of It's true form. I heard in the novel there is never a clear description. SPOILER!!!!

So for the ending to reveal a mechanical spider was very disappointing. But the acting was done well.

Does anyone realise that the little girl killed in the beginning, grew up to be in Final Destination 3 as one of the two Ashley's who get burned alive in the tanning booth(she's the blonde)?

Also Jonathan Brandis AND John Ritter are dead and Annette O'Toole who played Lana Lang in Superman III and plays Martha Kent in Smallville played the woman in the group.

Well Stephan King's Rose Red did the same thing. It had a terrific first half, but the second half sucked. Other Stephan King films I like are:

Sometimes They Come Back

The Tommyknockers

Storm of the Century

The Shining(both versions)

Carrie(Sissy Spacek)

Cujo

Christine

Night Flier(with Miguel Ferrer, Weather Wizard in Superman: TAS and the unaired JL Pilot)

Salem's Lot(Tobe Hooper version)

Stand By Me

Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile

Creepshow(not based off any novel, but inspired by EC Comics)

The Dark Half

Sleepwalkers

The Stand

there's a few more I can't think of. I pretty much like all the films that have been released, but others more than most and mostly his TV Mini-Series films.