Favorite / Best: Robert Zemeckis

Missy

Favorite / Best: Robert Zemeckis  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ah, Robert Zemeckis. How I love thee! :wub:

Ahem.

Anyway... here we are again with another Favorite / Best, this time, obviously, focusing on Robert Zemeckis. As always, first choose your favorite film, then the best one.

For me, Back to the Future is easily my favorite Zemeckis film. Because of it I fell in love with time travel. It made Michael J. Fox cool in that dorky / Peter Parker way. The comedy, drama and adventure are perfectly mixed. And it's just fun!

However, for my money, his best film is Forrest Gump. It's so emotional and deep, yet there's a very simple charm permeating the entire picture.

Best because outside of Forest Gump, none of his other works were particularly spectacular or praised, I don't think.

Favorite because I disliked most of part 3. Wasn't a fan of the setting and whole thing was sort of bland to me.

I honestly think the first BTTF is Zemeckis' best film, largely for all the reasons why Mike has it as his favorite.

My favorite, on the other hand, is Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That was the most fun I could remember having in a movie theater up to that point.

Contact for both. I watched it on a long plane flight and sat jaw agape during the whole thing. I was so thirsty at the end my mouth hurt and my lips felt like they were cracking. I realized it's because I never took a drink.

He was doing something with that film that people still aren't getting today. When they do, it will be legendary.

The first BTTF is probably the best overall, its a superb adventure film and its so much fun. However I prefer the second installment just because theress a little extra geek joy in Marty visiting possible futures and presents whilst mingling all that with all the stuff he did in the first film. I admit a lot of people don't share my joy over II and it can be confusing and a little daft, but its that childhood film I always liked.