Missy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Click for a much larger version:

spidey_black_sm.jpg

This is a very real publicity photo for the film, and supposedly shows Spidey in a black version of his movie costume.

Doesn't look all that black to me, more like a digitally enhanced picture of him mourning in the rain. Plus, he really needs the real black (RE: Venom) costume if he's going to go all dark and dreary.

• 2 weeks later...
From PalmBeachPost.com:

[Cliff] Robertson, now known as Spider-Man's uncle, told Page Two he'll take back the ghostly personae of the murdered Ben Parker in Spider-Man 3.

"I just got a call that they were going to bring my character back to life again," he said. His part is being filmed in May.

Surely it's a flashback scene. I can't imagine them doing anything that stupid.

Those shots of Venom in the animated GIF you posted look a LOT like the film interpretation of Spawn. Not a good thing to see... why is it so hard to translate the liquid-like appearance of the symbiote(s) in the books to the screen?

Also not a fan of the spider webs still being there on the dark Spidey costume. I'm pessimistic about all this...

Those shots of Venom in the animated GIF you posted look a LOT like the film interpretation of Spawn. Not a good thing to see... why is it so hard to translate the liquid-like appearance of the symbiote(s) in the books to the screen?

Also not a fan of the spider webs still being there on the dark Spidey costume. I'm pessimistic about all this...

No worries on the gif. It's already been proven as a fake, using recycled images from The Mummy, the first Spider-Man, and Spawn.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

***Spoilers***

From Dark Horizons

"Plot: Third film in the highly successful "Spider-Man" series sees several new villains and a new woman enter Peter Parker's life. With his secret now revealed to both Mary Jane and Harry, Peter must face the consequences of his actions and his new life together with Mary Jane as they finally form a relationship. Yet their newfound open display of love has yielded some unfortunate results, not the least of which is Peter's upset boss determined to make his life hell for causing his son emotional distress. Not helping is a young investigative reporter named Eddie Brock who Jameson has hired to find out why Mary Jane dumped his son for Peter - what's Parker's secrets?

At the same time an escaped prisoner hiding out on a remote beach is caught in a dreadful accident and finds himself turned into a shape-shifting sand creature. Peter's investigations into the past of this 'Sandman' brings him in contact with two very different things that will inevitably alter his life. The first a young woman named Gwen Stacy, daughter of the city's new police chief who is developing a soft spot for Peter. The other, a black substance from an accident scene which 'merges' with Peter's costume and gives him new found abilities.

Things come to a head however when Harry Osborn, determined to take revenge against Peter for his father's death and now equipped with what he needs to pull it off, teams with The Sandman in a new variation of his father's Green Goblin guise and causes mayhem. In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter, whilst the black substance covering his suit separates from him and merges with a distraught Brock to form something else entirely - a creature unlike anything he's ever faced. A 'Venom' that he may not be able to stop.

**Note** Sony has NOT released an official synopsis as yet, this one I penned and is an estimation based on a large amount of confirmed script story details that were leaked online in February 2006**. "

I don't like the costume. If they were going to give him the black costume, they should have went with the original design. Hollywood probably thinks people won't know it is Spider-man if it isn't a black version of the classic suit.

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Spider-Man Will Have Four Villains

In an interview with the popular hypothetical periodical iF Magazine, Spider-Man 3 producer Avi Arad confirmed that there will be four villains in the upcoming superhero film:

iF: There are four villains this time, Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin and when is the fourth going to be revealed?

ARAD: Right we have four villains. Pretty soon [we'll reveal the fourth villain] I believe. Maybe around Comic Con we'll reveal something and the madness will begin.

Who is the fourth one? I hope it's Rhino, but it will probably be Electro.