Spider-Man 3 thread

Missy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the folding thing, I've got an old spidey-comic somewhere in my stash where he actual sink-washes the symbiote and hangs it up to dry. During that, it maintains its spidey-suit-like shape.

When he goes to sleep the symbiote attaches to him and runs him around the city and he wakes up really tired, but still, with that as a precedent the folded suit isn't far-fetched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
After rumors that the symbiote in "Spider-Man 3" was going to be manufactured during a scientific experiment, Tobey Maguire has confirmed that this won't be the case.

When talking about the Venom character in an interview with The Los Angeles Times, Tobey said, "He has the same kind of attributes that Spider-Man has, but he's just stronger, faster and more vicious than Spider-Man. And it comes from this goo that comes from outer space, so first the goo comes and gets hold of me."

Meanwhile in an upcoming article in Premiere Magazine, Harry Osborn is referred to as the "New Goblin" and his glider is called the "Sky Stick". Also director Sam Raimi talked about a potential fourth film, saying "I'm sure they'll keep making Spider-Man pictures. Amy [Pascal, Sony cochairman] told me that she would. I love 'Spider-Man.' And I love working with Kirsten, Tobey, James. I don't know if Thomas and Topher will be around in the next one, but probably Bryce will be".

What would draw him back? "I have to make sure that when I'm done with this picture I'm really still fascinated with the charater. At the this moment I'm fascinated with him. Whether or not I will be in six month when the movie's done I couldn't say. And I absolutely would not have anything to do with the picture unless I was hungry to tell the story".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061215i.php

• 4 weeks later...
After rumors that the symbiote in "Spider-Man 3" was going to be manufactured during a scientific experiment, Tobey Maguire has confirmed that this won't be the case.

When talking about the Venom character in an interview with The Los Angeles Times, Tobey said, "He has the same kind of attributes that Spider-Man has, but he's just stronger, faster and more vicious than Spider-Man. And it comes from this goo that comes from outer space, so first the goo comes and gets hold of me."

Meanwhile in an upcoming article in Premiere Magazine, Harry Osborn is referred to as the "New Goblin" and his glider is called the "Sky Stick". Also director Sam Raimi talked about a potential fourth film, saying "I'm sure they'll keep making Spider-Man pictures. Amy [Pascal, Sony cochairman] told me that she would. I love 'Spider-Man.' And I love working with Kirsten, Tobey, James. I don't know if Thomas and Topher will be around in the next one, but probably Bryce will be".

What would draw him back? "I have to make sure that when I'm done with this picture I'm really still fascinated with the charater. At the this moment I'm fascinated with him. Whether or not I will be in six month when the movie's done I couldn't say. And I absolutely would not have anything to do with the picture unless I was hungry to tell the story".

So they'll kill Gwen in the fourth movie?

So they'll kill Gwen in the fourth movie?

Given Dunst's reluctance to keep doing them, I'm guessing they'll keep on with Gwen rather than MJ.

I thought that lanky girl who Peter Parker shared some pie with was going to turn out to be the Black Cat. There’s certainly a couple of lines in the dialogue about either her or her father having the eyes and ears of a feline, which would support that. Also, the scene where they’re together in Peter’s apartment has virtually no bearing on the narrative, so it would make sense if it was given meaning in retrospect.

I agree with your statement but having Mary Jane, Gwen Stacey and Black Cat in the movie would be awkward seeing as all three of them would have to be a love interest at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From IMDB:

Tobey Maguire has confirmed the upcoming Spider-man 3 will be the last time he plays the superhero on the big screen. Co-star Kirsten Dunst has also said she feels the third film will be the last in the popular franchise. Maguire says, "To me it seems like this is a natural point for the team to break up because we have a lot of story conclusions that were going along for the main characters for the first two movies and we kind of tie almost everything up for the third movie. "It feels like a trilogy to me and it feels like the end." But moviemaker Sam Raimi isn't so sure that it's all over for the web-slinging movie hero. In a recent interview, the director stated he's seriously considering a fourth film. He explains, "I love Spider-Man and I love working with Kirsten, Tobey, James Franco)... I just have to make sure that when I'm done with Spider-Man 3, I'm really still fascinated with the character. At this moment I'm fascinated with him." But Raimi insists he couldn't imagine making a fourth installment if Maguire didn't sign on for it. He adds, "I couldn't imagine it."

Aww, probably better this way though. I only hope that there's some conclusion given to Venom then, but probably not.

One thing bothers me about the NBC scenes though (spoilers follow, stop reading if you don't want them):

Why didn't Peter's Spidey Sense work when Harry jumped him?

It took about two hours for the video to appear on my comp last night. I tried to get it up as soon as they announced it after the short preview on Heroes. I was in bed talking on the phone with my girlfriend when I heard a sound. She was promptly put on hold for 8 minutes.

It was extremely entertaining, a very well designed action sequence. My mind is really just boggled about how they are going to fit Harry, Sandman, and Venom (much less symbiote spider-man) all in one piece.