Did I just hear that?

Missy

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

"Do you have books on pole dancing?"

"Can I leave my kid here for a bit? I want to go across the street and see a movie."

"What do you mean I can't return this book? I have the receipt right here." (It was a Barnes and Noble receipt... from 2003.)

All of these were within the same hour today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A teacher I'm friendly with just walked up to me and said, "I'm at a stage in my life where some people are just natural enemies." Knowing exactly who he was talking about, we both laughed as he walked away.

However, it was also sad because said teacher is dying of cancer, so his words had a second meaning.

A teacher I'm friendly with just walked up to me and said, "I'm at a stage in my life where some people are just natural enemies." Knowing exactly who he was talking about, we both laughed as he walked away.

:lol:

However, it was also sad because said teacher is dying of cancer, so his words had a second meaning.

:(

I hate the 1st of the month. Brings out the absolute best people. With two such people, I spent a good 10-15 minutes watching so they couldn't stuff DVDs down their pants. As such, I heard most of their 'witty banter'. Right before they dropped all the movies they planned to steal, the woman left in a huff. The man said loudly, unashamed, and I quote:

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my hand. I wouldn't ask you to do that in the store bathroom."

And, that is when security is called and they are kicked out.

This is more of a "did I just say that?". At work today, I'm following some teenagers with Nerf toys. They round a corner, then I do, and they're nowhere to be seen. I say, out loud, to myself:

"How did I lose three jackasses with swords?"

And I meant it, without irony.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the school to pick up the kids for the after school program and one of the teachers was sitting outside with some other kids when two ladies picked up their daughter and when they got in the car I looked over and the teacher was shaking her head.

Her: Oh yeah, they are a couple.

Me: Oh really?

Her: They just walk around not caring how it affects their kid.

Me: Huh?

Her: I had my head down because they don't like people looking at them.

Me: I think I'm going to go over there now.

Her: I just don't get how they can do that to the kid.

At that point I just walked away. I can't wait to leave this stupid state.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This may be the most literal interpretation of the thread title yet. At work, I see this kid carry a bag of merch into the restroom. By the nature of my job, I kinda have to follow him in. So he goes into the handicap stall, and I take a seat in the other one. All these weird noises start pouring out of his stall and I assume he's straining as he cuts open a DVD case or something. I then sneeze, which causes the noise to cease for a moment. It then continues. Finally, he finishes whatever he's doing and leaves.the stall. He washes his hands and leaves the restroom. As I follow him out, one of our cleaning staff goes in. I watch the kid go for a few steps, before going to get whatever he broke into. I find our cleaning guy already in the stall. There is jizz everywhere. The kid was masturbating.

I no longer feel any connection to mankind.