Did I just hear that?

Missy

I just got back from 7-11 and while I was deep in contemplation over whether this was a Fruity Pebbles night or a Cocoa Puffs night, I heard the following statement, very clearly and loudly.

"Oh my god, you are so sexy, I want to rape you."

Naturally, I turned my head to discover where this came from, and I saw two college girls looking in my direction, one with a rather offsetting look in her eyes. She then proceeded to walk over to me and repeat her desire to have forced intercourse. I just stood there dumbfounded. What the bloody hell do I say in this situation? "Thank you"? "I'm very flattered"? I just gave a very nervous laugh, and left the store.

I swear I could fill an entire book on weird moments like these in my life.

At least it wasn't an old lady this time.

One of my little brothers' girly friends came on to me while drunk over new years...one of my 14 year old brothers' friends.

Step One: Get the fuck out of there.

Step Two: Keep going and don't look back.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from 7-11 and while I was deep in contemplation over whether this was a Fruity Pebbles night or a Cocoa Puffs night, I heard the following statement, very clearly and loudly.

Naturally, I turned my head to discover where this came from, and I saw two college girls looking in my direction, one with a rather offsetting look in her eyes. She then proceeded to walk over to me and repeat her desire to have forced intercourse. I just stood there dumbfounded. What the bloody hell do I say in this situation? "Thank you"? "I'm very flattered"? I just gave a very nervous laugh, and left the store.

I used to have that kind of thing happen a lot, but from other dudes. I lost my boyish looks and now they leave me alone. That's the only reason I like being older now.

One of my little brothers' girly friends came on to me while drunk over new years...one of my 14 year old brothers' friends.

Step One: Get the fuck out of there.

Step Two: Keep going and don't look back.

Not into older ladies, junior?

If it helps at all dubs I can't imagine they were serious.

Seeing as this particular girl resembled a walrus, and the fact that she was bigger than me... yeah, she was serious.

I'm deeply sorry (especially to Des) if I implied the word "attractive" within the words "college girl".

• 3 months later...

Ok, this is technically a "Did I just read that?" but it needs to be posted. In a student's essay on Poverty today, I learned that AIDS is a "malnutrition-related disease" and that education in Africa is suffering because "21% of their teachers have AIDS and can't keep their mind on their job" but that "Africa is doing good compared to the uther [sic] countries who can't even afford a hospital."

:doh:

Ok, this is technically a "Did I just read that?" but it needs to be posted. In a student's essay on Poverty today, I learned that AIDS is a "malnutrition-related disease" and that education in Africa is suffering because "21% of their teachers have AIDS and can't keep their mind on their job" but that "Africa is doing good compared to the uther [sic] countries who can't even afford a hospital."

Wow.....

What sort of teacher are you Dread to be teaching your kids that sort of madness!!! You need to be held accountably young man!

:laugh:

You've gotta love the 21% thing.......

Homer: Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that

I blame the teachers. Lets start linking pay to exam results.

There is a chapter in Freakanomics where they discuss when Illinois went down that path.... of course I'm assuming you have your tongue firmly planted in your cheek with that comment.....

I just wanted to scare Dread. Hopefully the above comment was not indicative of his students in general. :happy:

Quoted from an IM convo I had awhile back:

Me: Feeling any better?

Diana: Slightly

Me: Well, that's a start.

Diana: I cautiously mixed Zyrtec and cold medicine.

Diana: I haven't died yet so I think I'm getting better.

Me: O_o

Me: That's... awesome.

This girl, while a brilliant student, occasionally has delusions of grandeur and pretends to be Wonder Woman. She then threatens to attack people with her "Whip of Happiness." It took me about a month to realize that she didn't know the real name of the Lasso of Truth.

Another random convo I had:

Kristen: Yeah, Joel's a great guy.

Me: Okay then. But if he hurts you, I will tear his head off and shove it into a meat grinder.

Kristen: Aww. That's sweet in a kinda violent way. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jun/1...-gay-teen-novel

...I'm ashamed to live in my state now.

Dear god, a little anal sex never hurt anyone! Why don't they focus on those invisible gremlins that are stealing their medication?

I've told you before, stop calling eastern European nurses gremlins, its just offensive. Besides they're built like linebackers, you cross them at your own risk.

1) I love that book/series.

2) Only now you hate it? :rolleyes:

That article was hilarious. Terribly sad, but utterly hilarious in equal measure. I can never understand why political/religious groups go out of their way to define themselves by tarring their rivals, rather than gaining support for being....good.

Dear god, a little anal sex never hurt anyone! Why don't they focus on those invisible gremlins that are stealing their medication?

I've told you before, stop calling eastern European nurses gremlins, its just offensive. Besides they're built like linebackers, you cross them at your own risk.

They didn't sneak into this country to be our friends.

Skimmed over this, and have to ask.

So their suing because a public library, had a book with this in it?

Also they want the right to burn the copy of the book?

So they want to take care of a homosexual book, by setting it on fire.

Theirs a flaming joke in there somewhere.

Bet I missed the point entirely.

Great conversation from the Ai-Kon meeting this weekend. I don't exactly recall who said what (like you'd care) so I go vague in that regard.

Person 1: "Okay so remember those cell phones we got last year to give to the guests so we could keep track of them during the convention? Well we found out it's cheaper to buy new throwaways than to reactivate the old ones. So what should we do with the old ones?"

Person 2: "I'm sure we could get some money on eBay if we list these as Johnny Yong Bosch and the Ayres brothers' phones."

Person 3: "Yes, did we mention Johnny spits a lot when he talks :P"