Smallville

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051
As someone who hasn't watched Smallville, ever... Is Chloe just Lana Lang?

no lana is in the show well not much anymore but she was played by kristin kruek

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who hasn't watched Smallville, ever... Is Chloe just Lana Lang?

Lana Lang

kristin-kreuk-picture-5.jpg

Pro: Um... she's kind hot?

Cons: Everything Else. Just a horrible character for 6 1/2 seasons who really became the town bike by the end.

Chloe Sullivan

Allison.jpg

Pro: Sweet, loveable, smart, dependable, girl-next-door good looks.

Cons: Original creation, which means she is so fucking dead sometime in the next 2 seasons.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Lana was the unattainable girl for the better part of 4 and half or so seasons she was the one that Clark pined over all the time.

Chole while a show creation actually reminds me more of the real lana as far as the best friend angle with clark.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Zatanna was hot, didn't like the umpteenth time Clark has no powers for 20mins bit.

At the end with Chole doing the whole Watchtower thing was fuckin awesome!

Guest DCAUFan1051
Now granted I'm watching the ep right now and i have not been paying much attention at all to the last couple of eps, but when did Tess find out Clark's secret?? It took Lex and Lionel fuckin seasons to get this damn secret and all of sudden Tess just knows? What?

ummm.... I could only verify that by the fact that she has Lionel's journal. And Lionel did know about the secret before he died so he most likely would have mentioned Clark by name in the journal. I must say for me the show is running down a very steep hill. I haven't liked a lot of the episodes lately. I think they should get all the Watchtower cast from Smallville and make their own show. :D

Now granted I'm watching the ep right now and i have not been paying much attention at all to the last couple of eps, but when did Tess find out Clark's secret?? It took Lex and Lionel fuckin seasons to get this damn secret and all of sudden Tess just knows? What?

ummm.... I could only verify that by the fact that she has Lionel's journal. And Lionel did know about the secret before he died so he most likely would have mentioned Clark by name in the journal. I must say for me the show is running down a very steep hill. I haven't liked a lot of the episodes lately. I think they should get all the Watchtower cast from Smallville and make their own show. :D

So Lionel is just writing Clark's name and secret into his journal?

I couldn't finish this week's episode. After 8 and half seasons, the shittiness finally broke me. Doomsday...in a pod or some stupid crap and Lionel organizing a trap? So bad, so terribly planned. I've felt insulted by the writers for seasons now, and this was just so so bad.

So Lionel is just writing Clark's name and secret into his journal?

"Dear diary, today I met with superman. I mean Clark Kent, not Superman, ignore that bit. They are definitely not the same thing. Anyone reading this who thinks they are is a fool!"

I was out for about a month and had my DVR set to record. So yesterday when I got back, I watched the 4 episodes I missed. Here are my thoughts(for those who care, lol)

"INFAMOUS"

Why, why, why would this be the return of Tori Spellings Linda Lake? The idea of what the world would be like if Clark revealed his secret is somewhat interesting, but also very predictable. How many times are episodes going to be wasted, just to make it out to be a dream or time travel erase? Tori Spellings performance at end with Davis Bloome was the only good thing about her character here. She is more annoying than dangerous. The Davis Bloome struggle with his darkside has its ups and downs in terms of quality, but the end was fun to watch. Speaking of that did anyone else think that Clark defeated Linda Lake in a rather rough way? Just a filler and a pointless one.

"TURBULENCE"

A better episode than the previous one, Tess Mercer beginning to show that she has acquired Lionel's journel and talked with Lex about Clark and hoping that Clark will open up to her. Tess Mercer is very much the Lex Luthor from the first 2 Seasons, innocent, but with a deceitful side. I liked the idea that Clark is starting to fiddle with the idea of a dual identity and even having his "saving outfit" under his work clothes. The subplot involving Jimmy was okay, it felt more like the writers just wanting to bring Jimmy back, instead of just referring to him all the time. Davis' journey on how he is able to repress the beast within feels very much like the Lestat character in the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. We also get a feeling of whether or not what Jimmy is seeing is an illusion or real and that's a bit fun. Overall its a decent filler episode and much better than the previous.

"HEX"

Well I can say that the actress playing Zantanna is very beautiful, with an amazing body and beautiful eyes, but the episode itself kind of fell flat. Zantanna from my experience is more of a Batman connection than Superman, I mean didn't Bruce Wayne train a bit under her father? It would have been a fun thing to hear Oliver say to her "Didn't another millionaire playboy train under your father?" Ah well. It is fun to see a new member of the Justice League(well somewhat). The ending certainly made up for it, with Chloe becoming a full member and calling in the Watchtower. The scene itself felt very out of place than the rest of the episode, but in a good way. Clark forgetting who he is is just stupid though.

"ETERNAL"

Wow, memory lane certainly came flooding in, at least during the first part of the episode. It ties things up with everything that has already been established well. My only thing is having Davis Bloome coming to Earth in the same meteor show as Clark is a mistake. I hope it turns out I'm wrong. The whole Meteor Rock effect was predictable. What's up with the ending though? Chloe JUST got done becoming a full member of the League and now she locked herself up with Davis. The scene where Chloe is being asked by Davis to kill him was work very well, Allison Mack's performance in that scene as well as the break up scene with Jimmy in Turbulence was done very well. I think we're getting much closer to just having the story arc episodes, no more fillers.

You didn't see the preview for the next episode then.

Yeah I did, but there is more likely more of the story arc than what the preview shows. I mean, come on Ultra Woman II(without powers, lol). Making Lois a hero(or superhero)for a full 40+ minute episode a 2nd time would be stupid.

This show isn't above doing something stupid.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

...........I think this is probably the one thing I'm speechless about... I have no idea how to feel about the latest episode. On the one hand Lois did look Hot in the superhero getup, on the other hand She wasn't the best at keeping the identity a secret, granted she just made it up to get a story. I'm so sick of the Red-Blue Blurr thing already just call him Superman, boy dude I dunno anything but the fucking Red-Blue Blurr. Can we say that Chole has gone to the darkseid now? :laugh: seeing as she's putting up with this season's villian. I thought it was good how they introduced Bruno in the episode though, can anyone give me any background on him in the Superman mythos besides STAS? Well that's all I think for now.

• 3 weeks later...

The season finale is on thursday and I am somewhat interested in the Doomsday/Clark throwdown, I don't care if anyone lives or dies, I just want to see these two fight they've been building it up for the whole season and it has to deliver. No lame 5 minute fight, no I want 15 minutes of fighting and hopefully Clark dying in the end.

Also:

There are rumored to be 2 deaths in this episode, I'm assuming its Clark and Doomsday. And if you've seen the preview it appears Zod is coming back, how who knows.

The season finale is on thursday and I am somewhat interested in the Doomsday/Clark throwdown, I don't care if anyone lives or dies, I just want to see these two fight they've been building it up for the whole season and it has to deliver. No lame 5 minute fight, no I want 15 minutes of fighting and hopefully Clark dying in the end.

Also:

There are rumored to be 2 deaths in this episode, I'm assuming its Clark and Doomsday. And if you've seen the preview it appears Zod is coming back, how who knows.

I believe its Lois and Davis or Davis and Clark(Chloe is at the funeral in the previews and she is the only other verteran cast member still in the cast). In this series continuity Zod is Doomsdays father, Zod and (I forget the name of the mother)made Doomsday to destroy Kal-El. The Doomsday storyline will end in the beginning of the 9th Season, they always love to leave you hanging for 3 months.

Guest DCAUFan1051
In an interview with indieWIRE's Matt Dentler to promote her new film You, Allison Mack (Chloe) has confirmed the rumors (below) that Tom Welling has signed for a 10th season. It also appears she has confirmed her character's season finale survival; unless, of course, she was being crafty with her words.

Here's what she had to say:

"The latest with Smallville is that we have another season [after this season’s finale on May 14]. Tom has signed for two more, so the show will go until season 10. I will be completed with my contract next year, and I am looking for new and exciting ways to carry out my character’s exit. I love living in Vancouver, it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I love the people, the food, the aesthetic, and the life I have built here. It’s wonderful."

Source: Smallville Rumors

by clicking on the link you can get to another link where the full interview is :D

So 10 Seasons huh? hmmm guess we won't see the costume anytime soon.

Im thinking/hoping that Tess will die just so that Perry comes back for the last season to be in charge of the Planet, even though I like the Tess and Oliver interactions as they are two characters I like and have alot more to be explored in them