Smallville

Missy

I don't understand the Zod storyline. He wasn't the voice that told Tess to do those things, why is he a major? Who's the voice? How did his army come here? Now granted its the season premiere and there are supposed to be questions I understand that, but after the season finale left such a terrible taste in my mouth I'm not sure I'm really up to give this show patience.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Zod and the other Kryptonians have been plucked from Krypton's past, prior to Zod becoming a General.

They are meant to have been from the past. Remember in Season 5 and 6 Brainiac kept calling Zod, General. The voice Tess heard was more likely General Zod's voice tricking her into letting his younger, stronger self come to Earth. The voice could also be Brainiac; I mean I don't think Brainiac is dead at all.

I actually enjoyed the S9 premiere; I wasn't expecting the episode t be wall to wall action. It had to answer the question left by the dismal S8 finale. It did that; it also had to give us questions; it did that. So it succeeded in that. It may not be the best Season premiere, but it still works.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I completely missed the premiere I'll get it on a rerun or something. From what little I saw this is the first season opener of the show that I didn't care about. I see now how some of y'all say they don't pay of the finales. Of course I might be wrong on this because haven't seen the S9 opener yet.

I'll have Vince Shlomi, spokesman for the Sham-Wow and Slap Chop, explain the relationship between the season finales and season premieres of Smallville:

Y'know the feeling you get when you're kissing a really hot German prostitute? It's a great feeling, everyone knows Germany's got great prostitutes. That's the feeling you get when watching the finale of a season of Smallville. Y'know what it feels like when a hooker tries to bite your tongue off? Maybe not, but I do, and lemme tell you...same feeling as watching a season premiere of Smallville.

Now granted its small minor hope but the idea of a younger Jor-El meeting Clark has me somewhat optimistic.

What I don't get is that they cast a completely different person as Jor-El. Why not just have Tom Welling play his father like he did in S3 episode "Relic?"

Probably because that was Jor-El as a young man, but now he should be a lot older than Clark/Tom Welling.

Along with pretty much everything else on Friday nights, Smallville is dying a painful death. It did a 1.0 for the premiere, and a 0.9 last Friday. To put it in perspective, there are the same number of people watching TNA wrestling that are watching Smallville, Dollhouse, and FlashForward.

That's not really fair, Smallville wasn't on Friday in the tri state area because of a Met game and the replay of FF had 3.7 and TNA will never see that number.

Guest DCAUFan1051

What the zombie ep???? That's gonna drive you off?? This ep doesn't even rank in the top 5 worst Smallvilles. Maybe not even top 10, it was just pointless.

Honestly... as I said before I didn't catch the S9 opener so I feel behind already. Also the Friday night slot aint helping anything. I was sooo used to Thursdays.... damn you CW!! I'll just wait til the DVDs come out.

I've never watched any Smallville at all, does anybody think this show is worth watching? Like from the beginning?

The first season is good back when the show had potential, but now in season fuckin 9, there is no potential left, there are really only a select few eps you might wanna watch, but i definitely don't recommend going out a buying a season.

I've never watched any Smallville at all, does anybody think this show is worth watching? Like from the beginning?

The first season is good back when the show had potential, but now in season fuckin 9, there is no potential left, there are really only a select few eps you might wanna watch, but i definitely don't recommend going out a buying a season.

I actually really love the first season. The 2nd season I'm not so sure about, and I missed a lot of it after that.

I'd say that it's definitely worth watching the first season. Netflix it, perhaps.

Right now I'm watching through Smallville's entire run again, and I'm in the middle of the second season. I'm thinking of keeping a journal or something to that effect to chronicle the show's quality as it progresses.