Smallville

Missy

In the ep they say he is immortal, but his name isnt Savage, its Knox I believe.

Has anyone else heard that Gough and Millar are leaving the show after this season?? From the reports it basically states CW is cutting the budget of the show and they decided to leave, but the show will go on. With all the supposed leavings my interest in Smallville has been renewed for the first time in long while.

He is meant to be Savage, he calls himself Knox, because like any good immortal he needs a new identity(ever see Highlander?), but he is essentially Savage, the producers have even said that he is meant to be Savage. Dean Cain was actually really good in the episode. He got so annoying when he played the goody-good Clark in Lois and Clark, it was nice to see him evil or at least not so goody-good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Smallville" producers, The CW, Warner Bros. Television, and Michael Rosenbaum announced Thursday that the actor will be leaving the show. First up, the statement from the former three, which also announces that Doomsday and a female antagonist will join the show for Season 8:

Joint statement from "Smallville" Executive Producers Darren Swimmer, Todd Slavkin, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson; The CW Network; and Warner Bros. Television regarding Michael Rosenbaum's departure from "Smallville":

"It has been an honor and pleasure to work with Michael for the past six seasons. He is one of the best actors on television and has never failed to bring a new layer to the character of Lex Luthor in every episode. While Michael won't be a series regular and we won't have the pleasure of working with him on a weekly basis this fall, we like to think that we haven't seen the last of Lex Luthor. Stay tuned."

Details for Season 8:

Additionally, two new villains will join the cast of characters on "Smallville" this season: the legendary, unstoppable Doomsday, and a female antagonist who will challenge Clark in ways never before imagined. Casting is underway for both roles.

Doomsday: In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on "Smallville" for the first time. As comic book fans know, Doomsday is notorious for being the only character in the DC Comics universe to have killed Superman.

Female villain: Doomsday won't be Clark's only nemesis in the upcoming season. The executive producers are tight-lipped about a new female villain they will be introducing, but they can say she will be familiar to many fans and will set her sights on Clark in ways Lex never could. Intelligent, brilliantly manipulative, and dangerously sinister, our gorgeous new villain has one more weapon in her arsenal: Her mutual attraction with Clark may prove to be as deadly as kryptonite for him.

And Rosenbaum's statement:

Dear Smallville Fans,

Well, it's been seven wonderful years. Your support is what has made Smallville so successful, and I appreciate you all more than you know.

That being said, it is time for me to start the next chapter of my life and career. I hope that I gave you some enjoyment over the years, and that you found my portrayal of Lex Luthor to be satisfying. I am truly grateful, as Smallville fans are the best fans out there. I sincerely hope that you will continue to follow my career through my hair growth period and beyond.

I'm very excited about what the future holds, but certainly, Smallville will always be a part of me. I will definitely miss the greatest crew in the world, and the wonderful cast that has been like a family to me.

Thank you Al and Miles for creating the show. Thank you writers, producers, directors and editors. Thanks Tollin, Robbins and Davola for being there for the pilot. Thank you Peter Roth for employing me for ten years. Lisa Lewis, I miss you already. John Glover, thanks for helping me feel more comfortable touching other actors, while acting. Bizarre, but helpful.

Mostly, I want to thank Greg Beeman for directing the "Oh Sherry" video, by Steve Perry, back in the 80's.

Thanks crew. Thanks fans. Thanks Smallville.

I love you all,

Michael Rosenbaum

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7155

I don't see how the show can go on without him. Of course I don't see how the show is still on the air.

Oh, and totally jumping the shark with Doomsday.

I'm sorry, but could someone please, please take this show behind the barn and put it out of its misery?

Seriously. How this thing is still going when a hundred better shows never got past thier third season is amazing to me. Call me when its over, I'll be watching Veronica Mars.

• 2 weeks later...
So if you read all the rumors, apparently its basically just gonna be Tom Welling and friends next season. Somehow it got a full slate, Amazing!

No kidding. From what I heard, it's essentially going to be Clark, Lois and Jimmy. I.e., Superman. Only without Superman.

I had high hopes (well... higher hopes) when Gough and Millar left; they were obviously getting tired. However, everything that comes out about the upcoming season indicates that, yes, it actually is possible to foul this thing up even more. Doomsday? Seriously?

I'm quite intrigued to find out who the female villainous will be, but having Doomsday on the show is a big mistake. I can understand the Producers and Writers wanting to end the Series in a big way, but unless it will end with Clark dying and being reborn in a sense into Superman(with the rumored Metropolis series continuing after), than it's just dragging a villain(who other than killing Superman was a dull character to begin with).

Now I am a fan of Smallville, just like Lois and Clark, Superman: TAS and The Adventures of Superboy and Superfriends, but if they'e not careful the series will end in a bad way.

rumored Metroplis series??

EDIT: That finale should've be called Exodus, because writing off that many major characters??? Damn thats gotta be some kind of record for television shows. I thought it sucked but I understand writing off so many characters can be very difficult to do.

I can't wait for next season when the intro is just filled with nothing but different shots of Tom Welling and no other cast members.

rumored Metropolis series??

I've been told by a very reliable source that a Metropolis Spin-Off is possible, if ratings are decent in the 8th Season and the CW wants to run with it.

Of course we'll get Tom Welling, Erica Durance :no: Aaron Ashmore, and possibly Allison Mack with occasional appearances by Annette O'Toole, Michael Rosenbaum and Michael Mckean(as Perry White).

My faith in this series isn't high, even my friend said it will most likely not happen, but its a nice thought(if your a fan of Smallville)

Thank you to www.kryptonsite.com for this info

Details On Smallville's Two New Season 8 Characters!

Casting breakdowns have gone out for the two new characters of Smallville Season 8.

Here's what they are looking for. Could "Davis Bloome" be an alter ego for "Doomsday" and "Tess" be short for "Tessmacher?" Watch and see...

DAVIS BLOOME: 26, Charming and handsome. Davis is the new bartender at

the hip Metropolis lounge. Ace of Clubs, where he plays down his smoldering good looks with a self-effacing wit and down-to-earth soulfulness. Despite the ease with which Davis relates to his new

friends, he carries with him the long-felt feelings of a perpetual outsider. Beneath Davis' charismatic, easy going demeanor lies a brooding sense of isolation and insecurity.. When he begins to delve into the haunting mysteries of his true origins, a darker truth begins to emerge, one of blood and serial murders, one of survival and utter destruction--one in which he is forced to confront the true evil inside of him...SERIES REGULAR.

Want to know how they'll fit in? Read details of these characters' "test scenes!"

TESS: 28, Drop Dead Gorgeous. Determined. Sexy. Vengeful. And with

amped physical strength. While Lex is away, she is in control of his estate and rules it with aggression. She's had intellect and the confidence all her life, though it's obvious she's had some training from Lex, as well. But as much as Lex has helped fortify her power, he is also her biggest weakness. She harbors an undying devotion to Lex,

claiming he saved her life a few years ago. She carries out his wishes with coercion, force, seduction and anything to get what she wants, and no one can resist her beguiling ways. Even Clark Kent. She doesn't remember anything before the day she met Lex. Once she realizes her previous life is buried below the surface, she's desperate to dig it

up...SERIES REGULAR.

• 1 month later...

Spoiler tags for those that didn't get to see what happened last season:

BURBANK, Calif. (June 19, 2008) –

Rocked by the mysterious death of Lionel Luthor and the sudden disappearance of his son, Lex

, the town of Smallville will be put further on edge this fall with the arrival of two new villains, as Sam Witwer ('Battlestar Galactica') and Cassidy Freeman ('Finishing the Game: The Search for a New Bruce Lee') join the cast of 'Smallville' (Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW) as series regulars for the hit show's eighth season.

Witwer will play Davis Bloome, a charismatic Metropolis paramedic who – when he isn't saving people – is forced to confront a burgeoning darkness inside of him that just might be a harbinger of doom.

Cassidy Freeman is Miss Tess Mercer, taking over Lex Luthor's villainy on 'Smallville'

Freeman will play Tess Mercer. Handpicked by Lex Luthor to succeed him, Tess arrives in Smallville as acting CEO of LuthorCorp. Beneath her mysterious allure lies a cunning ruthlessness to match her mentor's.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=33999

I'm aSmallville fan. I have the 6 Seasons on DVD and the 6 Season Companions. I have the first soundtrack and enjoy it. But having Doomsday in Smallville is something I'm scared to see. I'm not as edgy for the new Season to premiere like I usually am. Tess is a character I am looking forward to see and hopefully an Otis type character too. But Doomsday in the comics came from outer space years after Clark bcame Superman and ultimately killed him, how can they do this. Ughh, I don't know what to think. This is the last season, I hope they go out with a bang. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...