A Casual TV Fan's Guide - Doctor Who: Series One, part one

RSS

So, an American's perspective. While I had been aware of the series since I was a small child (my local PBS station aired it after Sesame Street for about a thousand years), I became a fan of the extremely long-running British science fiction series Doctor Who in high school. A creature of habit from way back, I used to watch reruns of Cheers late at night. The station that ran the show also carried Red Sox games back then, and on this particular night, the Sox were on the West Coast, meaning the time zone system conspired against me; and for that matter, the Sox were already down something like 9-0 in the fourth inning. So, seeing no need to put myself through the agony of watching them lose again, I started flipping across channels, which I had to do, because the TV Guide was way on the other side of the room.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/m/doctor-who-01-01

Hey Mike, was there an open html tag in the formating somewhere? I noticed that the second half of the article is completely bolded.

I've become a huge fan of your style, Dan. Super easy to read, flows well, but still thorough. It's less like you're just writing a review and more like your having a conversation with the reader. Very cool.

I've always been on the fence with this series, but I think I'm going to have to cave in and buy it soon.

Thanks again, everyone. :blush:

Doctor Who is a show that I have a tough time being remotely casual about. My instinct is generally to tie someone to a chair, strap the Clockwork Orange headband on them, and gently guide them through four of five hours.

Sure, there might be a restraining order involved when it's said and done.