Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know andrea romano is the voice director on this show and james tucker is some kind of producer but with last night's episode they basically ripped off a justice league unlimited episode without the rest of the justice league.

Yes that must be it. There's absolutely no chance that Gorilla Grodd turned humans into apes in the comics before JLU. Oh wait...

350px-JLApe.JPG

Guest DCAUFan1051
I know andrea romano is the voice director on this show and james tucker is some kind of producer but with last night's episode they basically ripped off a justice league unlimited episode without the rest of the justice league.

Yes that must be it. There's absolutely no chance that Gorilla Grodd turned humans into apes in the comics before JLU. Oh wait...

JLApe01.jpg

well as I've stated many times in threads on here I haven't read or kept up with comics in a long time.

But to me it looked like the exact same character model types as in the JLU episode where Superman Bats and Wonder Woman got turned into apes.

I agree with Erin on kids liking it but for me even the inner child I have everything will be compared to the DCAU and it most likely will not hold up. In my own biased opinion

That and the fact that I can't get by bats voice not being kevin conroy.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Jeremy Sisto fucking owned in JL: the new frontier.

Then again Sisto owns in anything he does....

I've stated my argument on sisto before.... we never actually saw him speak as bruce wayne and what gives conroy the overall advantage is that he has a softer voice for wayne and the harder voice for batman. Plus doing the voice for over 15 years doesn't hurt either

I've never liked sisto anyways and he is tearing law & order to shreads. I can't even watch that anymore

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, here it is.

This show has a Jusitice League New Frontier feel to it. I'm not sure if it's the animation or the way Batman talks, but it does. I'll tell you one thing though, the Blue Beetle's opening dialogue with his friend was a hell of a lot better than the dialogue in the Gotham Knights episode. At least he sounds like a kid, and not a kid trying to sound like a kid. I thought he was Dick at first. But then again, I think everyone's Dick! (Mike, don't laugh!)

I hope they do B&tB 197. You know, the one where Selina and Bruce get married. :wub:

Guest DCAUFan1051
I cannot believe they got away with this in the cartoon! Jump to 2:20.

there was no gunshot sound but there was a boom with the flashing but still that's crazy.... I've missed alot of this cartoon because I just can't remember to watch it but seeing this clip all they did was rip off the movie Small Soldiers with the toy punching it's way outta the package.

seeing this clip all they did was rip off the movie Small Soldiers with the toy punching it's way outta the package.

That's true, but Small Soldiers owes a lot to the Stephen King short story Battleground, which itself owes a lot to an episode of The Twilight Zone. The point being, few things are wholly original.

seeing this clip all they did was rip off the movie Small Soldiers with the toy punching it's way outta the package.

That's true, but Small Soldiers owes a lot to the Stephen King short story Battleground, which itself owes a lot to an episode of The Twilight Zone. The point being, few things are wholly original.

Including that argument. And this one.

We've stuck to Superfriends and the like, but my cousin is beginning to see them as very lack-luster.

Actually, I remember when "Universe Of Evil" aired in 78 or 79 with the alternate universe, evil Superfriends - I was about 7 and that was pretty creepy (Of course, I think that Dan and I may have been the only ones who actually saw it the first time through...damn that "First Time You Felt Old" thread.)

Of course, for anyone who want's to complain about what a weakling Superman was in the first season of Justice League, there was also the "All New Superfriends Hour" segment called "Rampage" - Superman and Green Lantern have to stop a runaway elephant. Not a yellow kryptonite elephant, just a regular one. Superman. And Green Lantern. So, Erin, your cousin finds them lack-luster at times, huh? I'm shocked. Truly.

(I'm rattling this off because I just converted all of the Superfriends episodes to iPod so my daughter can watch them when we're traveling - as long as it has Wonder Woman, she's excited. She asked the woman who cuts my wife's hair if she could have the wide bracelet the woman was wearing so she could be Wonder Woman).

Chris

We've stuck to Superfriends and the like, but my cousin is beginning to see them as very lack-luster.

Actually, I remember when "Universe Of Evil" aired in 78 or 79 with the alternate universe, evil Superfriends - I was about 7 and that was pretty creepy (Of course, I think that Dan and I may have been the only ones who actually saw it the first time through...damn that "First Time You Felt Old" thread.)

I couldn't say if I saw it first run or not, but I remember that episode very well. We knew these Superfriends were eeeevil, because Aquaman had an eyepatch.

An EEEEEVVILLLLLL eyepatch.

I couldn't say if I saw it first run or not, but I remember that episode very well. We knew these Superfriends were eeeevil, because Aquaman had an eyepatch.

Plus, I hear he didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom.

Don't forget about Superman's Lobo eyes, or Robin's moustache.

Plus, I hear he didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom.

Because he's EVIL.