Secret Invasion

ragernok2002

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this turns out to be Brother Love saying I loooovvee you then im going to enjoy this alot.

The ending has got me alittle confused as I dont know that much about the Skrulls, do they all know that they are a skrull all along? Or is it something that clicks in their brain when they are needed, similar to Cylons maybe? Because if thats the case then the heroes coming off the ship may have just been programmed with memories or something? Im babbling

Panther sucks...there I said it lol

But again it's just my opinion and if your enjoying the invasion storyline cool and if you loved zombies awesome

I'm just pointing out how I feel that somethings don't spark as they use to..

As for over exposure..I grant yea that. it's crippled alot of heroes. But in one shot things like Zombies where the idea of it was just to have fun well you should stick to the main guys everyone wants to see that's all.

LOL actually I like more of the marvel characters then the DC, I just always felt as cool the ideas and as epic as the greatest stroylines of those marvel characters..Over all DC does it better when dealing with the wolrd wide stroylines and the secondary players. they give these people flaws and the knowledge that they aren't the main roster, give them jealousy, Humor and not all bad asses who suddenly when they make a come back can kick anybodies ass [spider-woman beat up wolverine?...really marvel...really?'

Panther sucks...there I said it lol

His is one of the best books, art or writing-wise, that Marvel's putting out right now. If you can't see that, then I pity you.

And wait, you're saying that major characters shouldn't have flaws? As for mid-tier guys not having flaws, Daredevil is freaking BLIND (and a basketcase at this point), T'Challa constantly has to bounce between his own personal needs and the needs of his people, Luke Cage has a shitton of issues, Spider-Woman (though I hate her) is working for 87 different sides at once because she has no sense of her own identity, and Sentry, who's the most powerful guy in the Marvel U, is apeshit insane.

But yeah, Aqualad for the win, totally.

And Logan gets beat up A LOT. Usually it's just to show off his healing factor, but if you look at it from the standpoint of fighting ability, he's overmatched most of the time. The reason he wins so much is because he can take fifty hits to give one.

Thats the beauty of marvel with the exception of the actual gods, its possible for most characters to beat another (Spidey beat both Hulk and Jugernaut)and you forget that Spiderwoman has some pherome(sp?) that makes men crazy around her.

The whole purpose of Zombies was to crazy which it was. Pym as leader makes sense since he's super smart but it has been established that Ultron is Pym without any emotion.

On the ending People seem to be worried that Bendis is saying 30 years of Comics is wrong. I don't think so, i think they were the characters going to be replaced but who knows really.

The ending has got me alittle confused as I dont know that much about the Skrulls, do they all know that they are a skrull all along? Or is it something that clicks in their brain when they are needed, similar to Cylons maybe? Because if thats the case then the heroes coming off the ship may have just been programmed with memories or something? Im babbling

No, they were most likely sleeper agents. When they heard "He loves you," their programming kicked in and their Skrulliness was revealed.

If this turns out to be Brother Love saying I loooovvee you then im going to enjoy this alot.

I hated the Brother Love character on WWF television in the early 1990's but I have to admit I laughed when I read your suggestion. That would be a hilarious "What If?" story once Secret Invasion runs its course, played as a comedy.

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting question. I just re-read the Spider-Man TPB that featured "Ethan", a parody of Superman who turned out to be an insanely powerful Skrull. So, is "Ethan" going to play a big role in Secret Invasion?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if anybody posted this but, did you notice that the heroes that came out of the ship had their old costumes(IE Luke Cage w/ tiara) I think that they were abducted way before Civil War.

That's the point. It's mass confusion. For instance, let's assume the Wolverine who stepped off the Skrull ship is the real deal. One look at his costume clearly implies he was taken around the time he first appeared in The Incredible Hulk. Since Wolverine never wore the "whiskered" costume during his stint with the X-Men, that would mean the Wolverine who's been on the team since Giant-Size X-Men #1 has always been a Skrull.

PS whats with the white variant

They're meant to be brought to conventions, so creators can sketch a character for you.

Secret Invasion #3: Spider-Woman's the Skrull queen, the question of whether Tony's a Skrull is even more puzzling, and Nick Fury reappears out of hiding with his Commandos to kick ass and take names. No huge reveals, but a great issue nonetheless.

Draw your own cover, then. :D

Joking aside, why did you buy the white cover?

Well, my town recently built a book store and there is a comic book section and I saw Secret Invasion I asked if there is a normal cover he said no, so I settled for the white cover.

ps they don't no squat about comics I asked for "The Killing Joke" he asked if its a ongoing series I said its a trade he asked whats that.

What the hell?

• 2 months later...