Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

Dan: I think the fact that you couldn't figure out why Araña and Spider-Girl were fighting ("This month, Araña wants to test May. Or something. For whatever reason. I dunno. Anyway, they fight.") is a sign that the book is poorly written. I'm not knocking your grade; I simply feel there are better throwback books out there right now.

There's an odd continuity error in the book, too. May claims her father is no Rachael Ray, yet the copy of the current issue of the Bugle Peter's holding is dated March 1996. First, Rachael Ray didn't come into prominence until 2000-ish. Second, May was born at the end of the Clone Saga, which was 1996. Since the MC2 universe exists as a "what if?" offshoot of the Clone Saga, this book can't take place in 1996. But the newspaper says otherwise. So is it 1996 or 2012-ish.

And thank you for mentioning the snow in FF #556! Just skimming through that issue gave me a headache!

For the longest time, I had dismissed Nova as Marvel's blatant attempt at a Green Lantern rip-off. That was, of course, until Annihilation, when the entire Nova Corps was wiped out. We're at the point when Green Lanterns get killed on what seems like a weekly basis, and are instantly replaceable, but to wipe out all but one? That takes balls. And if Nova has anything, it's massive balls.

Someone hasn't read a lot of GL comics because that is exactly what happened over ten years ago...

Nova's still a rip-off, just because it looks pretty doesn't change that.

Dan, your treatment of ASG is much more kind than I ever would be. For a second there I thought you were going to recommend a buy...I almost lost faith in you, my man.

What did Roy Thomas say? "The Golden Age of Comics is eight." I was 8 in 1982-3, and this comic pushed that button for me. That's what it felt like. This is a mediocre book - the art was very weak and the writing was uninspired - even in the 80s, DeFalco was at best a journeyman writer. But as a nostalgia book, it worked for me, this one time, because I'm just that right age. If Mike sent me the same book next month, I'd most likely be over it and less inclined to give it a pass.

And thank you for mentioning the snow in FF #556! Just skimming through that issue gave me a headache!

Exactly what I felt. Some of the busier panels were just unintelligible.

Someone hasn't read a lot of GL comics because that is exactly what happened over ten years ago...

Sure, there are parallels to what Kyle went through after Hal went insane, but what's going on right now in Nova is so far away from what's going on in the two GL books right now that the similarity to a 15-ish year old story doesn't matter.

Sure, there are parallels to what Kyle went through after Hal went insane, but what's going on right now in Nova is so far away from what's going on in the two GL books right now that the similarity to a 15-ish year old story doesn't matter.

I think it does matter when the character is a rip-off of that type. Not Kyle, but the Green Lantern in particular. It's funny that they are ripping off the next evolution of GL at this point and they're still a decade and a half behind. I just don't see what people like in Nova, or the whole Annihilation debacle for that matter. It's non-sensical.

I think it does matter when the character is a rip-off of that type. Not Kyle, but the Green Lantern in particular. It's funny that they are ripping off the next evolution of GL at this point and they're still a decade and a half behind. I just don't see what people like in Nova, or the whole Annihilation debacle for that matter. It's non-sensical.

Go watch a horror movie or something, hater!

For the longest time, I had dismissed Nova as Marvel's blatant attempt at a Green Lantern rip-off. That was, of course, until Annihilation, when the entire Nova Corps was wiped out. We're at the point when Green Lanterns get killed on what seems like a weekly basis, and are instantly replaceable, but to wipe out all but one? That takes balls. And if Nova has anything, it's massive balls.

GL's are almost comedic in their ability to be so easily replaced, is the point I was making. Once a lantern dies, oh well, time for the next one.

Admitedly, I could have articulated that a bit better.

Go watch a horror movie or something, hater!

<shaking fist> Glan-CY!!!</shaking fist>

And "Babychest" is where we stand watch at the comic shop and physically assault anyone caught trying to pick the book up off the shelf, yes?

Indeed.*

*Earth-2.net does not endorse or condone violent acts against readers of Cable.