Podcast Interview With Andrea Romano

LTSmash

The latest episode of John Siuntres' fantastic Word Balloon podcast features an interview with Andrea Romano, who basically cast and directed the voice actors for the entire DCAU (from Batman: TAS to Justice League Unlimited to the current direct-to-DVD projects).

I have yet to listen myself, and from the blurb they seem to focus on New Frontier, but there is sure to be some talk on the older stuff.

Word Balloon: Andrea Romano on Directing the New Frontier

The latest episode of John Siuntres' fantastic Word Balloon podcast features an interview with Andrea Romano, who basically cast and directed the voice actors for the entire DCAU (from Batman: TAS to Justice League Unlimited to the current direct-to-DVD projects).

I have yet to listen myself, and from the blurb they seem to focus on New Frontier, but there is sure to be some talk on the older stuff.

Word Balloon: Andrea Romano on Directing the New Frontier

I thought it was absolutely fasinating to listen. Romano has such a vibrant energy to her that I can easily see how she gets actors to give her their best performances. I had no idea Kevin Conroy was going to be voicing Batman in the "Gotham Knight"! If there's some folks out there who haven't listened to it yet, I seriously recommend it. My only complaint was it's too short! :)

i just listened to it last night, and have to agree it was fantastic to listen to!

i agree with lt smash, it was just to dam short!

i wish she could have had more time to go into detail about everything as it was so fun to hear her.

the only other time ive heard her was on the commentarys and bonus features and she seems like a smart intelligent funny woman!

can i ask what the other casts from word baloon is like, while i'm here, i know it's off topic!

sorry.

thanks.

i just listened to it last night, and have to agree it was fantastic to listen to!

i agree with lt smash, it was just to dam short!

i wish she could have had more time to go into detail about everything as it was so fun to hear her.

the only other time ive heard her was on the commentarys and bonus features and she seems like a smart intelligent funny woman!

can i ask what the other casts from word baloon is like, while i'm here, i know it's off topic!

sorry.

thanks.

You listen to one, you pretty much know the rest. Siuntres is an amazing interviewer who knows his stuff. There are special episodes like the Bendis Tapes which have questions from the Jinxworld forums. These are hilarious and run often into the five hour mark. They have sprung offshoots like the Rucka Debriefing, Loeb Letters (?), etc.

If you want comic interviews, Wordballoon is where it's at. The latest was a republishing of an old Marv Wolfman interview which had me smiling ear to ear throughout.