Saw 5 **SPOILERS**

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few more weeks before I actually have to think about this. I'd like to at least enter the movie with my sanity.

That's what Jigsaw said in that tape recorder at the beginning when we were meant to be reading what wasn't written on that paper, not what was......

On my way to Uni today I saw this poster on the side of a bus:

SAW IV! POSTER BANNED! GO TO SAW.COM TO SEE IT!

Wow. If I didn't want to see this movie before.....

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know whose pain I'm going to enjoy more: Mike & Jenny's, or James 'n' Dubs. Either way, I'm keeping up my record of not giving the cretins behind the series any money.

I think for Saw VI, the four of us should do an E2: The Show episode together to kind of summarize and trash the entire series, but that's just one man's opinion.

I correctly predicted the ending within the first 10 minutes of the movie, so no.

Also, the reports of this happening concurrently with 3 and 4 were bullshit. This whole movie was basically just a flashback fest about a bunch of things that absolutely didn't matter to anything.

Oh, and I was right about Jeff's daughter. She meant absolutely nothing to the plot. She's there for five seconds and never seen or mentioned again.

I correctly predicted the ending within the first 10 minutes of the movie, so no.

Also, the reports of this happening concurrently with 3 and 4 were bullshit. This whole movie was basically just a flashback fest about a bunch of things that absolutely didn't matter to anything.

Oh, and I was right about Jeff's daughter. She meant absolutely nothing to the plot. She's there for five seconds and never seen or mentioned again.

Suicide.gif

This sounds deliciously stupid. I'm going to see it tomorrow night and I'm just bursting at the seams in excitement...

At least the other movies, on some level, had development to them. This movie, from a plot perspective, did NOT need to be made.

Nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. A character that should already be dead isn't, but eventually dies anyway. That's the whole movie right there. and it took 93 minutes to do it. The traps are horribly flawed in their design, the constant retconing has gone so far to the point that we're now shoving Hoffman into scenes from the past that never needed him in the first place, and they literally threw Macguffins in there specifically so they could net themselves just one more sequel.

Well, there's Amanda's letter that she got in Saw 3, which I'm convinced they completely forgot about.

Jeff's kid ended up being a complete non issue, despite being hyped as OMG SO IMPORTANT when they were promoting the film.

All that tricycle origin shit was bullshit. Nothing was mentioned. I'm assuming they're saving that for the next one. Oh goody.

Jigsaw's wife literally gets a mysterious giant box and looks inside it for a second, before taking it away. It's probably the tricycle and the clown doll. They could not have possibly made me care any less.

Saw 5 got beat by High School Musical 3 at the box office.

Playing at 3,623 theaters, "HSM3" raked in a boffo $16.9 million, while "Saw V" at 3,060 earned $14 million. Despite the current recession, both pics provided a further jolt to the current stellar autumn box office and played to a wide demographic: "HSM3" lured girls while "Saw V" attracted older teens.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799467...=1&nid=2562

Saw 5 got beat by High School Musical 3 at the box office.

Playing at 3,623 theaters, "HSM3" raked in a boffo $16.9 million, while "Saw V" at 3,060 earned $14 million. Despite the current recession, both pics provided a further jolt to the current stellar autumn box office and played to a wide demographic: "HSM3" lured girls while "Saw V" attracted older teens.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799467...=1&nid=2562

God bless you, Zac Efron. The sentence "Saw 5 got beat by High School Musical 3 at the box office" is a joyous one to look at.