Mortal Kombat vs DC

I just thought that people who have PS3 may want to see that box you never know if its different(PS3's better anyways)

OK, time for a little rant.....

mcvsdc.jpg

I see no difference. it may have been, but in this day and age, publishers won't make different covers for different covers for different consoles, unless they have to.

Also Midway are cheap bastards who made iMPACT.....Fucking iMPACT!

PS3 has it's own good points and so does the 360.

Games look and play the exact same on both consoles.

Though SVR08 runs smoother on the 360 in my view.

Oh and this game will still be mediocre at best.

It's fun being me :happy: (This will be now known as the smug bastard smile. At least when I use it.)

Last week Midway released the final box art along with details of the North American Kollector's Edition (see below), which will come in special packaging and feature an exclusive removable print designed by Alex Ross, one of the world's most pre-eminent and respected comic book artists, as well as bonus video content. In addition, John Tobias, co-creator of the Mortal Kombat franchise, returns to sketch a 16-page comic book to be published by DC Comics that chronicles the shocking, universe-shattering events that lead up to the in-game story mode.

I'm sorry, that doesn't justify paying £50 instead of £40 for this game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suavestar, two things:

1.) It's spelled "there's", not "theirs". You misspell this all the time.

2.) Please calm down with the cake stuff. You've already run it into the ground in nearly every thread you post in, and now it's like you're making sure it reaches China.

***This message brought to you by the Nation of Punctuation. :smile:

It's using the 3D Mortal Kombat engine. It's not going to be good. It'll be a YouTube visit to see all of the fatalities, but there is no reason that I can see for this to warrant a rental or a purchase.

Yeah, not really. The animations are horrible, they lag like hell, and the moves are clunky as shit. They both had interesting stories, and a shit ton of extras, but the 3D Mortal Kombats have never had good fighting mechanics.

Well, neither have the 2D games either outside of some stuff that happened in MK2.

Even if I wanted to grant you that point (which I don't), a handful of characters that can control a bit better than shit don't make for a very good fighting game.

You wanna talk broken. Dairou was fucking shattered. The Tombstone Drop could be spammed like crazy.

• 5 weeks later...

Rented this. Superman is God Tier. He has an infinite that you can just spam over and over. Flash is also stupidly powerful.

Catwoman, Wonder Woman and Joker appear to be the worst characters from what I can tell.

Scorpion and Sub Zero are the best from the MK side. Scorp has always been good, but they finally gave Sub Zero better defensive options, and his counter can actually be canceled into combos, which puts him back near the top for the first time in a while.

Well hello me from three months ago.

Well, here's the thing. You've already seen it. If you want to see the fatalities, wait until a week before the game comes out and they'll all be on Youtube.

In all seriousness, this is probably the best 3D MK game, gameplay wise, but that's not saying much.

I think Kano's second fatality might be the lamest one since Liu Kang's uppercut "fatality" from MK1.

Shang Tsung essentially has two of the same fatality.

When Sub-Zero freezes someone and kicks them or drops them, they shatter; but when Superman, who is infinitely stronger, freezes someone and breaks the ice apart, they're fine?