DC Universe #0

Missy

Is someone at DC addicted to ressurecting and killing Flashes? Seriously, what the fuck is up with this? In the last 3 years we've had 3 Barry Allen appearances thanks to the treadmill, the end of Wally, the death of Bart, the return of Wally and now the return of Barry? I hate to say this but who gives a shit? How many modern comics readers even read the original fucking Crisis? How many ever even read an old Barry Allen story? For most people now Wally is the Flash, and Barry, whilst a guy they recognise as significant, is still just another guy who wore an almost identical uniform. He's basically most famous for dying over 20 years ago! Fuck all this, as long as they don't kill Jay Garrick I'm fine. Those bastards ever start killing off the JSA's old guard and I'll give them a Crisis.

If they are going to bring back Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, Barry Allen, all those original JLA guys then they might as well just restart the universe and be done with it, at least that will give me a decent chance to jump off all DC stuff. They so clearly want to use nothing but the guys they grew up with and thats just bad decision making by DC. The idea that no-one stays dead in comics isn't just a joke, its a serious problem with the minds and methods of creators who constantly want to rewrite history instead of just building on it. Maybe if they didn't kill everyone then they wouldn't need to resurrect everyone.

Although when I'm head editor of Marvel you are SO getting Ben Reilly back. This Peter Parker is a Skrull! The real one was always Ben!

After reading it, I must say I kind of liked it. It's mostly an interesting preview of what's to come for each of the major DC characters and it's written pretty nicely. The whole thing's an onimous set-up for the DCU as a whole, and so more of an advert than anything else.

I totally had to have the ending explained to me by this topic btw.

Now that I'm calm again, I will say that I'm excited for both the Batman and Green Lantern events. Its just the Superman/Legion stuff and the Flash return that soured this for me. I don't know if I'll like the Batman story (for the love of GOD why are they threatening more deaths) but I'm at least interested.

I actually found some of this interesting. Blackest Night will be awesome. Even my wife was excited for that one and she doesn't read comics. It just looks so cool, the way the panels were done and the hand with the black ring and all.

Strangely enough, I thought the Wonder Woman and Libra stuff looked good too. I won't buy the Wonder Woman stuff until it is collected, but I will read Final Crisis until I don't understand what is going on. Hopefully this takes longer than the 4 issues it took 52.