The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going through past clips, tributes, documentaries, whatever little things I can get my hands on, I think I've already made the decision that the Third Doctor is going to be my least favorite. Granted, this is purely a gut instinct since I've seen zero full episodes from his era, but I just don't like the idea of the grounded James Bond Doctor. It doesn't help that he looks like a lanky Rod Stewart doing kung fu and having car chases.

What's everyone's general opinion on him?

I know Mike disagrees, but he's probably my least favorite as well, largely for the reasons you mention. With that said, his first season is very good. His opener, Spearhead from Space, is a lot of fun, and Inferno is on my all time top ten list.

Going through past clips, tributes, documentaries, whatever little things I can get my hands on, I think I've already made the decision that the Third Doctor is going to be my least favorite. Granted, this is purely a gut instinct since I've seen zero full episodes from his era, but I just don't like the idea of the grounded James Bond Doctor. It doesn't help that he looks like a lanky Rod Stewart doing kung fu and having car chases.

What's everyone's general opinion on him?

I don't mind Pertwee so much as I didn't care for Colin Baker, he was a bit too goofy for my tastes, but his companion well, Mike might agree with this as he's the dirty-minded guy of the WFP duo. Peri, you can knock on my door anytime. Pertwee made the Doctor more humble I think. Even Time Lords need to be humbled.

Watching Strangers in Space.

You can tell that Hartnell was a theatre actor. The way he projects and moves seem made for the stage.

Early on Hartnell completely butchers a line and no one is able to hold in their laughter. It's quite the moment.