The Doctor Who thread

But we know her entire history now. She was born, escaped, regenerated in New York.

Is it ever actually said, that this was her first regeneration? She could have lived for 400 years before she met the Doctor, we just do not know.

It's the same girl as the one that escaped, so if she did live 400 years prior to that it was as a captive of the silence. Bear in mind she escaped in 1969 and regenerated in 1970, so she likely had just enough time to hitch hike to New York as a penniless homeless child. She then regenerated into Melody and lived alongside Amy and Rory. Like I said, her personal history before her current form seems pretty locked.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey is an excuse for why the Doctor gets away with paradoxes, not for how the show gets away with an inconsistent storyline. It's not as though it wasn't all under the supervision of the same writer, Moffat had complete control.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She can show up, the fact that she consults the diary in her first episode indicates it's not a simple case of them just approaching the timestream from different directions, but it doesn't feel like her story has much left in the way of momentum anymore. It's kinda done, she'd just be showing up because it would be cool if she did, we basically know all the important parts of her deal. Not saying that she shouldn't show up occasionally, but really all that's left is the last time that they ever meet, and given the pace at which her story is being told I get the feeling that's going to come pretty quickly. I'd be nice if they tell that story at the time Matt Smith regenerates, she'd be a welcome presence at that point and it would certainly cap it all off nicely.

She can show up, the fact that she consults the diary in her first episode indicates it's not a simple case of them just approaching the timestream from different directions, but it doesn't feel like her story has much left in the way of momentum anymore. It's kinda done, she'd just be showing up because it would be cool if she did, we basically know all the important parts of her deal. Not saying that she shouldn't show up occasionally, but really all that's left is the last time that they ever meet, and given the pace at which her story is being told I get the feeling that's going to come pretty quickly. I'd be nice if they tell that story at the time Matt Smith regenerates, she'd be a welcome presence at that point and it would certainly cap it all off nicely.

We don't know how she learns his name

Meaning they have to be at work searching for the new companion. Is it bad that a small part of me is hoping Moffat finds a way to bring Donna back? I know it's not happening but I kinda want 11 to travel with someone who treats him as an equal, not as a person to be in awe of or someone to compete with.

DVD news:

The Sensorites is listed for 14th February

The Robots of Death, The Three Doctors, Tomb of the Cybermen Special Editions are listed for 13th March (the final three making up the Revisitations 3 boxed set in the UK)

The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine confirmed the commentaries for the forthcoming UNIT Boxed Set. Invasion of the Dinosaurs will feature Richard Franklin (Mike Yates), Peter Miles (Whitaker), Terence Wilton (Mark), Paddy Russell (director), Terrance Dicks (script editor) and Richard Morris (designer). The Android Invasion will feature Philip Hinchcliffe (producer), Milton Johns (Crayford), Martin Friend (Styggron), and Marion McDougal (production assistant). Both commentaries are moderated by Toby Hadoke.

an audio reconstruction of episodes three and four of Planet of Giants has been recorded

a documentary "Remembering Barry Letts" will feature on The Daemons

a tribute to Nicholas Courtney is being produced, featuring many interviews with the actor himself

In addition, Commissioning Editor for the Classics range, Dan Hall, was recently interviewed by Talking Who, during which he revealed that The Greatest Show in the Galaxy will be released with a new 5.1 surround soundtrack, produced by Mark Ayres.

The organisers of the Doctor Who convention Hurricane Who have contacted the Doctor Who News Page with details of their forthcoming "Category Two" convention in Orlando, Florida, USA. The event takes place at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel at Sea World from the 4th to 6th of November this year.

Among the Doctor Who-related guests attending the convention will be:

•Arthur Darvill (Rory), making his first North American convention appearance

•Naoko Mori (Toshiko Sato, Torchwood)

•Terry Molloy (Davros)

•Paul Marc Davis (The Trickster, The Sarah Jane Adventures)

Full details are available from the convention website: HurricaneWho.com.

Source

Yesterday, I got through watching "The Horns of Nimon" by mocking it on Twitter.

@Insp_Spacetime

Alright, it's time to live tweet "The Horns of Nimon." Alternatively: MY TWEEEETS OF CONQUEEEEEEST! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Ok, I think people have been exaggerating how bad this story is. I mean, how bad can it be with the Enterprise in it? #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

You know what says villain? Lightning bolts taped to helmets and super soakers. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

These guys didn't convey "children traffickers who should die horrible deaths." I figured the cargo was Nimon treats. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

OH CRAP, SOMEBODY BUMPED INTO THE SET! IT'S A SETQUAKE #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Ah. This one has the other K-9. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Eleventh Doctor has to have his fez on top of the TARDIS column. Hats on top of TARDIS columns are cool. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor just gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to K-9. This is something I have just watched. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

These guys apparently shop at the same hat store the Black Guardian does.#TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Ladies and gentlemen, Soldeed has just entered the building. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The TARDIS just collided with the Enterprise. Always remember to put your shields up folks. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

K-9 has a collar. K-9 has a collar. K-9 has a collar. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"What's happening?" A guy with an afro and a very long scarf and a woman dressed to go horseback riding are saying hello. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Apparently K-9 is celebrating the Fourth of July. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Oh my God, Soldeed IS calling the Nimon for nums-nums. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Apparently increased gravity = autotune. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

A bunch of giant space Tribbles were on the Enterprise. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

SURPRISE! The scumbag delivering a cargo of children for sacrifice went back on his word! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"THE NIMON WAITS FOR NO MAN!" #newlifemotto #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Nimon looks like a bull and a beetle the size of a bull had one too many drinks one night. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Yes! Cower, Doctor! Cower in fear of the orange styrofoam ball! And that's the first episode. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Serious comment: Romana is awesome. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor just pinned a "First Prize" ribbon to K-9. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

TARDIS, you are drunk. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I think the Nimon is dancing. Or doing sign language. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"What does he mean by the great journey of life?" Making it all the way through "The Horns of Nimons." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed is amazing. Just amazing. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"Hey Romana. It would really upset my pimp game if you told Teka I'm not a prince, which is pretty obvious." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The cartoon sound effects when the TARDIS malfunctioned is only surpassed in awful by the Seventh Doctor getting shot. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed increased the level of amazing during his questioning of the co-pilot. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Nimon turn people into mummies. Eeeeeeeeeeevil! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

After an impromptu intermission, I'm back to finish "The Horns of Nimon." Probably a good thing considering how much I tweeted.

@Insp_Spacetime

To finish episode two: Tom Baker made a lot of bad jokes. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor: doctor of practically everything, including bull fighting. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Also, Romana is going all Pertwee on this serial. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I want to interview the guy who suffered through being in the Nimon suit. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor used a dog whistle to call K-9. This is also a thing that happened. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I love how the extras hired just to cheer Soldeed obviously don't care at all. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Random trivia: Janet Ellis, who played Teka, went on to be a presenter on Blue Peter. I learned this from a BP doc on the DVD.#TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Random trivia: there isn't a documentary about the making of "The Horns of Nimon" on the DVD. Why should be obvious. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The sky is turning red. Totally ripped off by DC for Crisis. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I guess Nimons coming from eggs is from the beetle-the-size-of-a-bull side of the family. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"LORD NIMON! LORD NIIIIIIIIMON! IT IS I, SOLDEED!" It's like a lullaby bidding angels to their rest. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Random thought: in another universe, the Nimons are as popular as the Daleks are in this one. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Onto episode four. Honestly, I think this could have been a ten parter like "The War Games." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed just sneaks off. And...he laughed maniacally once he escaped. Again, Soldeed is amazing. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Serious comment: it's a shame that Lalla Ward does some of her best work in such an awful story. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"We have not moved." "RAAAAWWWWRRRR!" #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I was going to make a pun, but stopped myself. I didn't want to stoop to the level of humor of this story. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Nimons, you are drunk. Either that, or the people in the suits have no clue where they're going. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"You meddlesome hussy." "YOU MEDDLESOME HUSSY." Soldeed just said "you meddlesome hussy." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed is the Sutekh of awful Doctor Who villains. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

How many Nimons have you seen today?" I can't top this:youtube.com/watch?v=98Mxxp… #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Alright everybody, say it with me: "MY DREEEEEEEAMS OF CONQUEEEEEEST!" #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Now that it's confirmed he was killed, Soldeed setting the place to explode with his dying breath, laughing, was fantastic. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I think the ending of the episode was directed by a young Michael Bay. SLOM-MO EXPLOSIONS! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

And there goes the Enterprise. And Romana gets to make a funny face. And it's over. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Outside of Romana being awesome and Soldeed being amazingly awful, that was the worst Doctor Who story I've ever seen. #TweetsofNimon

Yesterday, I got through watching "The Horns of Nimon" by mocking it on Twitter.

@Insp_Spacetime

Alright, it's time to live tweet "The Horns of Nimon." Alternatively: MY TWEEEETS OF CONQUEEEEEEST! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Ok, I think people have been exaggerating how bad this story is. I mean, how bad can it be with the Enterprise in it? #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

You know what says villain? Lightning bolts taped to helmets and super soakers. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

These guys didn't convey "children traffickers who should die horrible deaths." I figured the cargo was Nimon treats. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

OH CRAP, SOMEBODY BUMPED INTO THE SET! IT'S A SETQUAKE #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Ah. This one has the other K-9. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Eleventh Doctor has to have his fez on top of the TARDIS column. Hats on top of TARDIS columns are cool. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor just gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to K-9. This is something I have just watched. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

These guys apparently shop at the same hat store the Black Guardian does.#TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Ladies and gentlemen, Soldeed has just entered the building. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The TARDIS just collided with the Enterprise. Always remember to put your shields up folks. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

K-9 has a collar. K-9 has a collar. K-9 has a collar. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"What's happening?" A guy with an afro and a very long scarf and a woman dressed to go horseback riding are saying hello. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Apparently K-9 is celebrating the Fourth of July. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Oh my God, Soldeed IS calling the Nimon for nums-nums. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Apparently increased gravity = autotune. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

A bunch of giant space Tribbles were on the Enterprise. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

SURPRISE! The scumbag delivering a cargo of children for sacrifice went back on his word! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"THE NIMON WAITS FOR NO MAN!" #newlifemotto #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Nimon looks like a bull and a beetle the size of a bull had one too many drinks one night. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Yes! Cower, Doctor! Cower in fear of the orange styrofoam ball! And that's the first episode. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Serious comment: Romana is awesome. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor just pinned a "First Prize" ribbon to K-9. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

TARDIS, you are drunk. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I think the Nimon is dancing. Or doing sign language. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"What does he mean by the great journey of life?" Making it all the way through "The Horns of Nimons." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed is amazing. Just amazing. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"Hey Romana. It would really upset my pimp game if you told Teka I'm not a prince, which is pretty obvious." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The cartoon sound effects when the TARDIS malfunctioned is only surpassed in awful by the Seventh Doctor getting shot. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed increased the level of amazing during his questioning of the co-pilot. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Nimon turn people into mummies. Eeeeeeeeeeevil! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

After an impromptu intermission, I'm back to finish "The Horns of Nimon." Probably a good thing considering how much I tweeted.

@Insp_Spacetime

To finish episode two: Tom Baker made a lot of bad jokes. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor: doctor of practically everything, including bull fighting. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Also, Romana is going all Pertwee on this serial. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I want to interview the guy who suffered through being in the Nimon suit. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The Doctor used a dog whistle to call K-9. This is also a thing that happened. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I love how the extras hired just to cheer Soldeed obviously don't care at all. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Random trivia: Janet Ellis, who played Teka, went on to be a presenter on Blue Peter. I learned this from a BP doc on the DVD.#TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Random trivia: there isn't a documentary about the making of "The Horns of Nimon" on the DVD. Why should be obvious. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

The sky is turning red. Totally ripped off by DC for Crisis. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I guess Nimons coming from eggs is from the beetle-the-size-of-a-bull side of the family. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"LORD NIMON! LORD NIIIIIIIIMON! IT IS I, SOLDEED!" It's like a lullaby bidding angels to their rest. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Random thought: in another universe, the Nimons are as popular as the Daleks are in this one. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Onto episode four. Honestly, I think this could have been a ten parter like "The War Games." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed just sneaks off. And...he laughed maniacally once he escaped. Again, Soldeed is amazing. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Serious comment: it's a shame that Lalla Ward does some of her best work in such an awful story. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"We have not moved." "RAAAAWWWWRRRR!" #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I was going to make a pun, but stopped myself. I didn't want to stoop to the level of humor of this story. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Nimons, you are drunk. Either that, or the people in the suits have no clue where they're going. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

"You meddlesome hussy." "YOU MEDDLESOME HUSSY." Soldeed just said "you meddlesome hussy." #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Soldeed is the Sutekh of awful Doctor Who villains. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

How many Nimons have you seen today?" I can't top this:youtube.com/watch?v=98Mxxp… #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Alright everybody, say it with me: "MY DREEEEEEEAMS OF CONQUEEEEEEST!" #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Now that it's confirmed he was killed, Soldeed setting the place to explode with his dying breath, laughing, was fantastic. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

I think the ending of the episode was directed by a young Michael Bay. SLOM-MO EXPLOSIONS! #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

And there goes the Enterprise. And Romana gets to make a funny face. And it's over. #TweetsofNimon

@Insp_Spacetime

Outside of Romana being awesome and Soldeed being amazingly awful, that was the worst Doctor Who story I've ever seen. #TweetsofNimon

Y'know, I really need to watch 'Horns of Nimon'. It sounds bad enough to be awesome. And of course to see and hear "Lord Niiiiiimon! It is I, Soldeed!" at least once in my life...