The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some additional information from the Doctor Who Twitter: One is in spoilers because the Beeb and Moffat really should have been paying more attention to what they were saying.

There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Xmas Special. Then 8 next year. Jenna's character will first be seen at Xmas.

No announcement on plans for the 50th anniversary given today.

Steven "Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time"

It's been a long time since I saw the Weeping Angel two-parter, but whilst I remember people dying in that, I thought the human victims merely got sent back in time?

As for the new lass, she's certainly a looker. Then again, Billie Piper was a looker (at one point) and yet I hate Rose. Not much to say about her at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLKGePNr61k

Thoughts: I'm pretty positive River Song was in the saloon there. Also, If I'm counting this right, we have a snow episode with what appears to be Daleks, a Western with a cyborg, and Cleopatra with Robots. I think I saw Arthur Weasley in the Cleopatra clips but not quite sure. Anyway around, looks like the first three to four episodes of the season... 6 months of glorious torture before they air.

Um... okay...

David Yates has just spoken with Bleeding Cool. Hannah will be back with exact quotes later, but here’s what Yates told her:

• He’s still developing a Dr Who movie no matter what Steven Moffat said last weekend at the Dr Who convention;
  • It’s still five or six years away, however;
  • At this stage Yates thinks it’s a real possibility that the film will tie in with the TV series, though it’s too early for any kind of confirmation;
  • Yates said he’s looking forward to sitting down with Steven Moffat – who he refers to as a ‘genius’ – and discussing his plans.

I can’t imagine Yates would be saying all of this if Moffat had been right about there not being any plans for a film at all. Sounds like BBC Films and BBC Wales have some talking to do.