The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rich Johnston is a pretty irresponsible gossip monger who will print things before they're verified (he's the Harry Knowles of comics), but I've never known him to just make shit up out of whole cloth. If they say Yates actually spoke to someone and this is what he said, I have no reason not to think he did so. However, BBC Wales and BBC Films are clearly not talking to each other.

some interesting tweets from one of the FX guys (now deleted), coupled with a pic that Steven Moffatt posted under the spoiler cut -

Job Saturday, watching Dr Who's Daleks explode at the Dr Who studios Wales. Working with Real SFX.

Call time confirmed 08.00 at the Dr Who studios, for Dalek explosions. Looking forward to this one, big fan of the Daleks.

Dr Who set looking good, plenty of Dalek mayhem, Dalek FX explosion went very well, just.

Working late on Dr Who tonight, it was interesting to see all original Daleks since 1960 in one episode.

The gun area of the Dalek just missed me, whilst it flew past burning!

image.jpg

I know the new series designs have their fans, but for me...that design dalek is just the best ever

A bad idea. Lots of people who have never given Doctor Who a chance, or never even heard of it. Will see that, and decide to cheak it out. Then they will watch Fear Her. The people who are asking for David to do this, need to think about that.

Not to mention that that moment was the most vomit-inducing scene of the episode.

"It's love, it's life, it's hope!" Fuck off.