The Doctor Who thread

Movies are different, especially with roles like that going to established names. Christopher Reeves will be Superman forever, but Bale's got a very diverse portfolio and did before Batman. Same with Hugh Jackman, he's proven he's not just Wolverine.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... needs to be a bit bigger, cant really see properly.. But...

Cyberman

Slitheen

Axon?

Zygon

Vervoid

Ice Warrior

Robot lady - forget the name of the race (Movellans maybe)

Count Scorlioni from City of Death

Sontaran

mask guy possibly from Masque of Mandragora

The Wire (from the new series)

Krillitaine

DALEK (duh)

K9!!! (Triple duh)

Yes, I know I missed the horned thing beside The Wire, but I can't see it clearly. I need new glasses...

I just found this fan theory about Rory:

Rory Williams is the Master – Rory has been becoming much more irrational and aggresively violent. Also, in the episode “Let’s Kill Hitler” after witnessing River’s regeneration and being exposed to RAW TIME ENERGY for the first time, he begins to complain of a “banging in my head”, which Amy dismisses as Hitler in the closet. Also think back to “The God Complex”. Rory did not have a room. He was the only character they made a point to say did not have one. And when the Doctor looked into his room all he said was “Of course it was you.” and we hear the wailing of the TARDIS distress call in 4 repetitions. The only other time it has made this sound was when The Master stole it in series 3.

A correction does need to be made: The TARDIS chimes fives times, not four, after The Doctor opens his door.

If this theory plays out, that would make The Master The Doctor's father-in-law. :lol:

A correction does need to be made: The TARDIS chimes fives times, not four, after The Doctor opens his door.

Nerd. :) However, I actually like this theory. It's grounded in what's on screen, not so much in fanboy wish fulfillment. If this happened, it's a VERY Moffaty way of doing it.

I have one concern: this means the Master regenerated into a kid, grew up with his half Time Lord daughter who then marries his his mortal enemy. He then get wiped from reality only to come back as an Auton and then comes back for real. He also dies a lot but doesn't regenerate. As much as I like the theory, it has some holes.

Nerd. :)

To be fair, I only know this because I watched that clip from "The God Complex," which I had on the blue external hard drive I've named TARDIS.

I'm not helping my case, am I?

I have one concern: this means the Master regenerated into a kid, grew up with his half Time Lord daughter who then marries his his mortal enemy. He then get wiped from reality only to come back as an Auton and then comes back for real. He also dies a lot but doesn't regenerate. As much as I like the theory, it has some holes.

When you consider the grand machinations of The Silence and Madame Kovarian, who's to say they didn't place the young, freshly regenerated Master in that small town with Amelia?

And as far as I can tell, Rory hasn't died in such a way to cause a regeneration. In "Amy's Choice," he died in two different dream worlds, so those don't count. In "Cold Blood" he was shot but was erased from history before he could regenerate. (Keep in mind that The Doctor survived being erased, too.) His Auton body was erased by The Doctor in "The Big Bang," plus we've seen The Master take on other forms. Canton shot him in "Day of the Moon," but that was a ruse. He drowned (kinda) in "Curse of the Black Spot," but asphyxiation could be a fatal death; we've never seen The Doctor die this way, so there's no way to tell if a Time Lord can regenerate from it. And in "The Doctor's Wife" he grew old, but that was a trick by the Uncle-controlled TARDIS.

To be fair, I only know this because I watched that clip from "The God Complex," which I had on the blue external hard drive I've named TARDIS.

I'm not helping my case, am I?

You magnificent bastard.

A), I don't think I've ever seen all five living classic series Doctors at once. That is damn cool.

B), anyone who says that McGann hasn't aged a day since 1996, and I keep hearing that all the time, is fooling themselves. He looks great for his age, but he was in his thirties in 1996.