The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I completely missed that Mary Tamm had passed away because I was on vacation. "The Ribos Operation" is my favorite Who story and she was fantastic as Romana in it. It's a shame Romana became more and more of a damsel in distress after that, and heartbreaking that Tamm passed away so young. R.I.P.

Currently drinking a Fish Fingers and Custard: 2 oz cake vodka, 3 oz Sprecher cream soda, and Swedish fish for garnish.

Coincidence! As you were typing that, I was drinking a Sonic Screwdriver: Blue Curacao, vanilla vodka and Sprite.

I've seen totally different spoilers for a source that's semi reliable. Rory gets zapped back in time by an Angel. The Doctor and Amy find out when he might be, go back then and find his grave.

I would then presume that Amy then deliberately finds some Angels and offers to be zapped if they send her to Rory while he's still alive. Which they do.... and cue appearing Amy Gravestone. Cue tears and Doctor-related angst. And there is NO WAY River - who is in the episode apparently - doesn't know what is going to happen, so possibly cue Angry!Doctor as well.

That's my theory anyway...

Okay, and no offense Hannah, but can we get a policy that we don't repost things that are sourced to the Daily Star? I know I've been guilty of it in the past but if we have to note the source, then there's a good chance it's unreliable and not worth reposting. I mean, I can say that the next series is going to feature the Doctor and the TARDIS getting stuck in southern California in the early 90s where the Master has regenerated into a teenager who rules his high school with an iron first and, at the end, The Doctor takes Lisa Turtle as his companion. Doesn't mean that it's true but if it gets reprinted, someone will believe it.

Actually, I would watch this.

Citing sources is really, really important. I will sometimes post stuff from Bleeding Cool, for example, and while I always say to take it with a grain of salt, Rich and Brendan are actualy correct much more often than not, and clearly have some inside source somewhere.

The Star, or the Mail, or the Sun, or what have you, on the other hand, will frequently take posts and threads from the Gallifrey Base forum and report it as fact, or even make things up from whole cloth.

Unless the story comes directly from the BBC, that has to be borne in mind.

I know this is a bit of a random thing to say. But I would like to know what others think.

Does anyone eles think that the bit in silence in the library where River tells the guy to keep his space helmet on because he is not good looking was a very nasty and mean spirited moment?