The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor Who special on Children in Need

Not a surprise as they've done one for all the previous events for the last 7 years, but still looking forward to it. I also just finished the Big Finish Audio "Voyage to Venus" and it's an incredible amount of fun and dirt cheap as well. Almost makes up for Colin Baker going on "I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here".

Firstly, awesome.

Secondly, I don't think any Doctor's been as good at promoting the show and making it seem fun as Matt Smith.

Thirdly, JLC is very cute.

Fourthly

This looks like it's all happening inside his head. His Scrooge outfit reflects his state of mind, the presence of Strax in combination with Vastra and Jenny seems like it would be unlikely to occur prior to Strax's death (although it could be a clone I suppose). All this along with the mystery of who and how JLC's character is there. Plus there's the presence of unofficial Doctor Richard E Grant dressed similarly to how his Doctor did, possibly acting as a part of the Doctor's subconscious. In addition to the ridiculous villains. Too many things don't add up for this to be a real world story.

TLS, there's a 6th Doctor adventure starring Jago and Lightfoot, called Voyage to Venus, which is available for £1 from Big Finish. Had an Earthly Child recommended to me, so will give that a listen soon (it's an eighth Doctor adventure featuring Susan and partly set around Bristol, hence my bias).

They've also released a box set for the Eighth Doctor called Dark Eyes that looks like it will be amazing.

TLS, there's a 6th Doctor adventure starring Jago and Lightfoot, called Voyage to Venus, which is available for £1 from Big Finish. Had an Earthly Child recommended to me, so will give that a listen soon (it's an eighth Doctor adventure featuring Susan and partly set around Bristol, hence my bias).

They've also released a box set for the Eighth Doctor called Dark Eyes that looks like it will be amazing.

Susan, huh? That sounds interesting...Thanks! Any dramas with either Ace or multiple Doctors that you'd recommend?