• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt Smith to star in Ryan Gosling pic

'Dr. Who' thesp takes male lead in Ryan Gosling's helming debut

By JUSTIN KROLL

"Dr. Who" star Matt Smith is ready to cross the Atlantic to make his U.S. acting debut, taking the male lead in the Ryan Gosling-directed pic "How to Catch a Monster."

Pic currently stars Christina Hendricks and Eva Mendes, and will mark Gosling's directing debut.

Marc Platt and Adam Siegel will produce on behalf of Marc Platt Prods., along with Gosling via his Phantasma Films banner, and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster via the Bold Films banner.

Story is set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city and centered on a single mother of two being swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Production is set to start this spring.

The UTA and Troika-epped Smith has starred in a handful of BBC and British productions but never a stateside movie.

His third season of playing the Doctor recently wrapped and he also recently directed the short film "Cargese" for Sky Arts series Playhouse Presents.

Source

Okay.

So.

The Reign of Terror.

I have the new DVD. First off, I'm really glad they did this. It can't have been easy, and I'm so glad to have the ability to see lost and semi-lost stories. Also, I remember being underwhelmed when we covered thus back in BOTI episode 6, but it's a good story that I'm quite enjoying.

The picture quality of the intact episodes is not great. If itwas remastered, I can't see it.

As for the animation, it's pretty terrible. It swings wildly from barely moving to far too jittery and back again, and Hartnell looks like the old woman from Spirited Away. The sound quality is also muddy and distorted.

I hope they make more of these, but I'm really disappointed in this disc.

Watch it anyway. It's a good story. Better than I remembered.

The presentation was just disappointing. If I didn't know that they worked really hard oniit, I would look at this and say they half-assed it. The animation is bad, but to be fair, The Invasion's animation wasn't spectacular either.

And this is certainly better than what we had before.