The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Okay, great. That will not only make him the longest-serving modern Doctor, but depending on when and how long Series Eight runs, it could conceievably put him second-longest all time.

Also, new title for the Cyberman episode, I see.

I'm happy with Smith in the role, he still feels fresh to me, there's no Tennant style fatigue. 28 episodes still doesn't feel like that many, and honestly I doubt 42 will at the end of this series either.

Agreed - I don't think Smith or Moffatt for that matter have done all they can/want to do in their respective roles.

Smith is still going to do well overseas but there's no rush. He's definitely more of a Cumberbatch than a Tennant in terms of potential breakout. Not that he's going to be a brooding villain but there's just more you can do with the guy. That doesn't mean he needs to step away from Who quite yet. He did only start in 2010, almost every other successful TV show has longer running characters than Who.

I'm happy with Smith in the role, he still feels fresh to me, there's no Tennant style fatigue. 28 episodes still doesn't feel like that many, and honestly I doubt 42 will at the end of this series either.

Agreed - I don't think Smith or Moffatt for that matter have done all they can/want to do in their respective roles.

Thirded. Smith's Doctor doesn't seem exhausted yet.

Per the BBC America website, The Doctors Revisited; The Fourth Doctor will air on Sunday, April 28. No word yet on the classic story being shown. (If they stay consistent with the BFI series, as they have with The Tomb of the Cybermen and Spearhead from Space, it'll be The Robots of Death.)

I would far rather it be Donna, but in a show like this, which is already stuffed to the gills, you can really only have one companion per Doctor, and it really has to be Rose for Ten (naturally assuming that Eccleston will be avoiding this like the plague) due to her iconic status.

I could see it being exactly that Will, although there is the danger that fake 10 might engender more fan backlash than the real one due to the bait and switch. Lets face it, when those two went off together no-one really saw it as the most satisfying conclusion.

I'm actually wondering if this might be a bait and switch. They've said that David Tennant is in the special. They have not said he's playing Ten. He might be playing the human Doctor who's hanging with Rose in Pete's world.

I was thinking the very same thing. I'd honestly prefer it to be a story based on rose and the human doctor teaming up with 11. Than loads of Doctors not having much to do.