The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It means that all is right with the world once again. The Zygons (shapeshifting alien conquerors) are arguably the greatest one-off monsters of the classic era and it's been criminal that they never returned.

And I have to say, as negative as I was about the first pic of the redesigned Ice Warriors, I love the pic of the new zygon. It's got all the qualities of the original but looks modern too

But please..no Nick Briggs voicing them all

It means that all is right with the world once again. The Zygons (shapeshifting alien conquerors) are arguably the greatest one-off monsters of the classic era and it's been criminal that they never returned.

Not seen the classic episode in which the Zygons appear. Was going to wait until the dvd came out.

Hmm shapeshifting huh. Does that mean we won't actually see the real Doc 10 and Rose or can't the Zygons shapeshifting that well?

Not seen the classic episode in which the Zygons appear. Was going to wait until the dvd came out.

Hmm shapeshifting huh. Does that mean we won't actually see the real Doc 10 and Rose or can't the Zygons shapeshifting that well?

The Zygons need a pattern to be able to shapeshift. So they'd have to have the real Doc 10 and Rose held captive to be able to shapeshift into them.

Also there's a Doctor Who book "Sting of the Zygons" which is a 10 and Martha story that I enjoy and recommend.

Doctor Who - The Doctors Revisited: 1-4

• From January through November, to celebrate the 50th Anniversary ofDoctor Who, BBC America is taking the TARDIS back in time once each month with brand-new specials on all eleven Doctors. These consist of documentaries titled "The Doctors Revisited: The First Doctor," etc., plus airings of stories for each Doctor (Story #006: The Aztecsfor William Hartnell's 1st Doctor,Story #037: The Tomb Of The Cybermenfor Patrick Troughton's 2nd Doctor,Story #051: Spearhead From Spacefor Jon Pertwee's 3rd Doctor, andStory #082: Pyramids Of Marsfor Tom Baker's 4th Doctor). BBC Home Entertainment's DVD release ofThe Doctors Revisited: 1-4collects the first four specials

Taken from TV Shows on DVD

Eh. My main amusement from this episode was garnered from what I know Mike and Dan's reactions will be.

A sentient sun! Why didn't they scan for that?

Being a massive cynic I guess other people got a lot more out of this than I did, although Clara and the Doctor were both very strong.

Next week- Davos Seaworth!

You know Doctor Who is being run by the BBC's Welsh division when choral singing is a massive plot point.

Fine episode with Smith & Coleman being awesome, but my housemate made me miss the first 10 minutes, so I reserve the right to alter my perceptions of this episode down the line/when I re-visit it.

Marco Polo. Please Marco Polo!

If they decide to move into full reconstructions, this and The Myth Makers are a MUST.

As for The Rings of Akhaten: it wasn't bad. Had an old-school feel to much of it. I have never seen the reduction in budget as sharply as I did here, though; the effects of the sun and system were gorgeous, but OY, that moped thing. The idea of the Doctor riding a rocket sled through space is made of awesome, so that kinda almost made up for how unbearably cheesy it looked.

So, is the idea of an infinite potential alternate whatevers the answer for all these Claras?