The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For years it was the Changing Rooms/Ground Force Network before going All Top Gear All The Time, with a heaping helping of Graham Norton in the evenings. Their comedy blocks tend to shake up a lot, what with series only going a handful of episodes. I enjoyed Hardware for as long as it lasted.

For years it was the Changing Rooms/Ground Force Network before going All Top Gear All The Time, with a heaping helping of Graham Norton in the evenings.

My parents were obsessed with Ground Force for years. And since we only had one TV when I was younger, I saw more episodes of Ground Force than any human being should. Sometimes when I fall asleep I hear English accents speaking of landscaping.

For years it was the Changing Rooms/Ground Force Network before going All Top Gear All The Time, with a heaping helping of Graham Norton in the evenings.

My parents were obsessed with Ground Force for years. And since we only had one TV when I was younger, I saw more episodes of Ground Force than any human being should. Sometimes when I fall asleep I hear English accents speaking of landscaping.

What's wrong with being obsessed with Ground Force? Second Best show on TV ever. It was never the same after Alan left.

Well, I was on board this episode until the last ten minutes. Let's just say I'm not a fan of the twist. Like, at all. It was genuinely shaping up to be the most I've been scared in an episode since Blink, too, which is a shame.

So what was the thing in little danny's room, then?

Another kid

Fuck that ending. And not because of what I typed in the spoiler, that's what it should have ended on, because it's more of Moffat jerking off at his keyboard.

Fuck that ending. And not because of what I typed in the spoiler, that's what it should have ended on, because it's more of Moffat jerking off at his keyboard.

I'm not sure how "referencing a thing from the past" counts as jerking off, especially in a time travel show, but whatever.

For what it's worth, I actually liked the barn twist and I think it adds a little bit of meaning to Day of the Doctor. It's almost like Bond going back to Skyfall.

But I wasn't too fond of the episode overall. It's clever, certainly, but I didn't really find myself enjoying what I was watching for the most part. Almost like the polar opposite of last week.

Well, I was on board this episode until the last ten minutes. Let's just say I'm not a fan of the twist. Like, at all. It was genuinely shaping up to be the most I've been scared in an episode since Blink, too, which is a shame.

So what was the thing in little danny's room, then?

As I said the episode is a little messy in places. Some of those things will never be addressed. Some like the who was under the bed sheet or who was outside Pinks time ship may be explained later on in this series. As they seemed to be seperate from the barn scene which looked to be more pesonal between Clara and the Doctor.

I liked this episode more for the questions it raised than the answers it gave. Hopefuly we will come back to some of them.

Just had another look at that bed sheet scene.

When the sheet comes off and you get a split second blurred out of focus shot of what it is. It is the same height as a little boy but it definately has larger darker eye sockets and what looks like a bald head not unlike the silence. Not that I think it is a child silence.

I enjoyed it, it didn't do what I expected it to do and I think Moffat has proved that he is still able to write good stories, (which is why he volunteered for the cheap episode).

My only issue is I've got to go to work and be alone tonight in a hotel where everyone else is asleep. That's not going to creep me out in anyway shape or form... AND there's lots of sudden creepy noises from the vending machine and the freezer.

I hope they do try and call back to what that thing was under Danny's bed, because I don't think it was a child. In the glimpse we got of it it didn't appear to be a child. But at the same time wouldn't mind if they just leave these things to the imagination. All it means is at that time in the Doctor's life it wasn't this hiding thing under the bed it was just Clara.

And the idea of that being where the Doctor as a child hid to escape from what he was scared of and then the War Doctor going back there during the war I thought was beautiful and ties in that incarnation and the episode even better.

I enjoyed it, it didn't do what I expected it to do and I think Moffat has proved that he is still able to write good stories, (which is why he volunteered for the cheap episode).

My only issue is I've got to go to work and be alone tonight in a hotel where everyone else is asleep. That's not going to creep me out in anyway shape or form... AND there's lots of sudden creepy noises from the vending machine and the freezer.

I hope they do try and call back to what that thing was under Danny's bed, because I don't think it was a child. In the glimpse we got of it it didn't appear to be a child. But at the same time wouldn't mind if they just leave these things to the imagination. All it means is at that time in the Doctor's life it wasn't this hiding thing under the bed it was just Clara.

And the idea of that being where the Doctor as a child hid to escape from what he was scared of and then the War Doctor going back there during the war I thought was beautiful and ties in that incarnation and the episode even better.

My thoughts exactly

Moffat may have his tropes and bag of tricks, but the novelty's not worn off yet. I thought this episode was absolutely terrific. Like, an all-time classic for the modern series. I really loved it. Peter Capaldi crushed this script with his bare hands, he was MARVELOUS in it. There's always a point where the new guy sells you as the Doctor, and this episode was it.