The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its another odd episode. No plot at all to this one just a series of character moments. Some of which where great others very run of the mill Doctor who fluff.

So it really depends on if you didn't mind the time out so to speak, and enjoyed the interactons between Clara, Pink and the Doctor.

When I saw last weeks trailer of this episode I wasn't expecting much from the dodgy looking robot menace. So I got a little more out of this than I was expecting. Still this series feels a bit like a ship with out a rudder. No clear direction as yet. I guess we'll see what is really up when we find out more about missy.

Now that he knows about his John Hurt incarnation and his true role in the Time War, I'm wondering if his new hatred of soldiers is actually self-loathing coming through.

That's what I'm thinking.

There wasn't much to this episode but I still enjoyed it. It's good to see the development of a boyfriend who's not initially a scaredy cat like Mickey or Rory.

Now that he knows about his John Hurt incarnation and his true role in the Time War, I'm wondering if his new hatred of soldiers is actually self-loathing coming through.

Wait, are you implying that he didn't know about the War Doctor beforehand? I was under the impression that he never literally forgot about the War Doctor, he just preferred not to think about him. Doctors 10 and 11 both recognized the War Doctor when he hopped out of the time vortex in Day of the Doctor.

I'm actually more confused about why he hates soldiers because of Day of the Doctor. In that episode, it's revealed that he saved the people of Gallifrey; he didn't kill them. So why would he be more self-loathing now than when he thought he was a mass murderer?

Finally got round to seeing it - one of those important series arc moments (Doctor meets Danny) coupled with some suitable menace. I quite enjoyed the Doctor as The Caretaker, but I mostly marked out for Chris Addison at the end. I REALLY hope they play on the Capaldi/Addison dynamic from The Thick of It/In the Loop somehow.

Finally got round to seeing it - one of those important series arc moments (Doctor meets Danny) coupled with some suitable menace. I quite enjoyed the Doctor as The Caretaker, but I mostly marked out for Chris Addison at the end. I REALLY hope they play on the Capaldi/Addison dynamic from The Thick of It/In the Loop somehow.

Hah, hadn't thought of that! Hopefully he just berates Addison into helping him.

Hah, hadn't thought of that! Hopefully he just berates Addison into helping him.

"Hey, Christopher Robin! What's with all this 'death' bollocks?!?"

Between the mediocre monster scene at the beginning and the heavy handed social commentary in the middle (I mean yikes), I wasn't impressed with this one. Peter Capaldi totally sold the twist in his delivery of the line though, along with the requisite Doctor speech, and the ending has potential depending on how they handle it. Jenna Coleman continues to impress. Courtney was as annoying as the kids that tagged along last season.

Maybe this sounds harsh. But to me the choice of killing an unborn child, because if you dont there is the serious risk of a whole planet and every person on it dieing. Billions of people, the whole human race. There is no moral dilemma there at all. The unborn child has to die.