The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time for a geek tangent. Ten is not Chaotic Evil. Yes, the Doctor did kill the Racnoss babies but even that can be justified in that they probably would have eaten everything on Earth. Other than that, he tries to rehabilitate his enemies, gives them chances to just leave, and didn't kill Cobb in The Doctor's Daughter where a Chaotic Evil person would have killed him and burnt the Colony Ship to the ground, and did it all with a smile in his heart. If anything, Ten is Neutral Good. He believes in the basic goodness of most beings, he tried to save fucking Davros who wanted to wipe out all reality. That is not an evil being. I can't speak for Six and Seven since I haven't seen any of their episodes but Ten doesn't belong in the evil category.

This is a report that originated in the tabloid "The Sun", so take this with a cartload of salt at this stage until a more reliable source appears, but

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/s7/doctor-who/news/a208256/doctor-who-game-heads-to-nintendo-wii.html

Nintendo has signed a £10 million contract to bring Doctor Who to Wii and DS consoles, according to tabloid reports.

The Sun says that the company plans to have the game, which will be based around Matt Smith's Doctor, in shops in time for Christmas 2010.

"This has been in the pipeline for years," an insider is quoted as saying. "We're delighted to have finally nailed down a deal.

"We went with Nintendo as they have huge appeal for families and Doctor Who is very much a family brand. The Wii console is key for us as it's something families play together."

The BBC is apparently keen to monitor the game closely and has rejected anything too violent.

The insider continued: "BBC Worldwide, which licenses BBC shows, has been trying to find some way of doing it. But you can't have Doctor Who blowing things to bits with a laser gun. That would massively change the nature of the show."

I just saw a guy wearing the Second Doctor's pants, the Fourth's scarf (though it was mostly yellow), and Ten's coat. Thing is, I've seen him wearing the scarf and coat before, but it wasn't until I noticed his pants that I pieced it all together.

not exactly a surprise, but..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doctor-who/news/a209476/doctor-who-confirmed-for-xmas-sixth-series.html

Doctor Who will return for a sixth series in 2011, it has been confirmed.

Executive producer Piers Wenger also announced a Christmas special for this year, penned by showrunner Steven Moffat.

Matt Smith will be returning for his second full series as The Doctor.

Shooting on the special and the 13-episode sixth run will begin early July in Cardiff. Filming on the fifth series wraps this Saturday ahead of transmission on BBC One at Easter.

just spent ages rewatching and rewatching. some more thoughts and observations under the spoiler cut

we see the new console...looks more hexagonal again...not as hexagonal as the original series, sort of a cross between the two

what looks like spitfires in a dogfight with Dalek spaceships

in the futuristic cityscape, the buildings all have the names of British counties on them (you can read Yorkshire, Devon, Surrey, Kent, and i think Essex)...this msut be from the episode which is rumoured to feature the UK floating in space.

I like the lurching cyberman (almost zombie like). I've never liked the Cybermen in the new series, i don't like all the stomping, but filmed like that they look ok.

I feel more excited by the "look" of this than i did with any other trailer.

oh and the irritatingly pedantic part of me must correct myself from earlier...i mentioned the union jack...of course it's acutally the union flag, not the union jack.

Matt Smith was a guest on Jonathan Ross's chatshow tonight.

there was a new trailer (similar to the previous one but with some different clips), a clip from episode 6 (featuring a nice little moment relating to a previous doctor).

clips and interview are all on blogtor who here

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/

edited to add youtube videos

trailer

clip from Vampires in Venice